Greetings, fellow space programs!

Josh IN SPACE

Thought I would introduce myself on here finally. I got the game about a month ago and have been loving it from the get-go. I've been on here frequently to browse for educational resources, and I'm excited to continue learning as I venture out beyond Kerbin. So hello, everyone!

This game is something else. It's at times the most frustrating, followed by the most rewarding feeling when you have that eureka moment and understand how something works and what you need to do. It's taken a lot of willpower not to forget my actual life outside this game. I can't wait to come home from work and still stay up all night launching ships and failing over and over to get them in orbit.

Last night I finally figured out how to rendezvous with poor Jebediah, who was stuck out in space in his little capsule on my first successful orbit. In-game it was only like 2 weeks but I wasn't going to let him die of starvation! The process of getting the orbit, velocity and intersects just right was quite the experience. I had enough fuel left for maybe 3 full throttle thrusts to match orbit and velocity with Jeb's capsule, and even then, even when the intersects were practically touching at 540,000 m, those ships were still 10 km apart! So Jeb jumped from his capsule and using the navball I was able to back into the rescue ship at a cool 2 m/s. Valentina and Bill were waiting for him, and since they did most of the work getting to him, I had him push us back into de-orbit for a safe splashdown.

Wew, what a feeling it is to have all of this work out after so much trial and error. I want to get better at all the equations so I don't feel like I'm guessing or eye-balling it so much.

I'm not too certain on the image-posting process on here yet, but here's the album I made of the rescue mission if anyone wants to look at the pictures lol.

Operation :BRING JEB HOME

-----

If you're still reading this, I do have a question going forward. At what point is it time to move past the 30 part limit? I like having this constraint because it's a fun challenge, and the jump from 30 parts to unlimited just feels too easy to me. But surely there comes a time when 30 parts won't cut it right?

Thanks, and I hope to post more intelligent and sophisticated entries in here with time and studying.

Edited by Josh IN SPACE
Typo

Hello Josh IN SPACE. Welcome to the forum. :D

Right now, a recent Imgur update seems to have broken albums. We are hoping to get that fixed soon. In the meantime, individual image hosting from Imgur is still working, so I'd suggest you try that. I hope to see your pictures soon. 

Welcome and congrats on the rescue. In a short time you have already pulled off one of the tougher  skills. 

As far as forgetting your real life goes; balance is important. But despite the better graphics, I ragequit life until the creator fixes all the bugs.

I think the best advice for upgrading beyond 30 parts will be when you find you need more parts. Even if it is just to make your ship look cooler.

Edited by SorryDave

• 1 month later...

It's been a bit, been a little busy. Here's my first rendezvous!

PpuvUg8.jpg

RJ6UJM9.jpg

aL99gPG.jpg

I recently built my first computer as well, and I regrettably only backed up media files. So without thinking, I did not back up my KSP save files... so my 147 hours of successes and hardships have gotten lost in space. Though this is a harsh loss, it's lesson learned, and I know now I'm going to breeze right through the earlier stuff. I am disappointed though, as I had just passed Mun on my way to I don't know where, but I was excited to see where the little craft would go. Oh well. going to do better this time!