Win a copy of KSP on consoles! [RESULTS]

KasperVld

8 hours ago, cubinator said:

Woo, free console keys! I wonder what--

Aww, come on! And I didn't see this until now?? :( Guess I should check this subforum more often, then...

I agree. :(

On 7/27/2016 at 9:30 AM, TheBF3Veteran said:

Not trying to hurt your feelings but the PS3 is what? 14 or 15 years old? What would you expect?

9 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

The PS3 was released in 2006 in Japan and the USA, and in 2007 in Europe. That makes it six or five years old.

Uh, both of you may want to double check your math...

On 8/5/2016 at 0:48 AM, The White Guardian said:

Still, if this reality is a simulation, then KSP makes it the best simulation ever!

If this is a simulation, can we open source the code?

I'd really not mind uhm... tweaking a few things... (and KSP wasn't even the first thing I thought about :wink:)

Edited by swjr-swis

54 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

If this is a simulation, can we open source the code?

I'd really not mind uhm... tweaking a few things... (and KSP wasn't even the first thing I thought about :wink:)

Well, perhaps. That'd actually a pretty good topic for a discussion: what would you edit if life was a simulation and you could edit the source code?

I'd turn myself into a character I designed. If I'd list the things that character is capable of I'd need quite a while.

59 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

Well, perhaps. That'd actually a pretty good topic for a discussion: what would you edit if life was a simulation and you could edit the source code?

Quote and ye shall receive:

On 7/26/2016 at 9:11 PM, KasperVld said:

Overall, a grand total of 578 people entered the contest

Member Statistics

Total Members

So uhm... am I going to have to be the one that asks about the rather underwhelming participation...?

@swjr-swis i think most of the members dont need another copy of KSP so thats and maybe dont have a console anyway. And i haven't seen any advertising or advise on -german- gamer sites. So it might be difficult to reach a large group who isn't following KSP threads allready.

Well anyway, congrats to the winners and all the pals who answered correctly. I saw the first question and thought - meh, why should i read up on those things *lazy*:blush:

1 hour ago, swjr-swis said:

Member Statistics

Total Members

So uhm... am I going to have to be the one that asks about the rather underwhelming participation...?

Yup, and I guess that I'll have to be the second one that answers.

Let's say that 95% of the forum members are inactive. That doesn't seem too high, does it? I mean, I recognize you, and a bunch of other posters. I don't think that we'd be able to do that if more than 8293.25 members were active. In fact, even that seems too high. Granted, I don't check out the international subforums or the science and spaceflight that often, but I don't think that there are ~8.3k active users.

But for argument's sake, let's say that there are 8294 members who actively post and visit the forums (actively meaning within the past month). As you know, KSP has been a PC, Mac, or Linux game for a lot longer than it's been on console. So let's say that of the total active members, 10% are console users (again, I think that's a bit high).

That makes 830. There were 578 people who entered. I'd imagine that, ohh, 25% of them also have KSP on a computer, and joined that way first. 578 * .75 = ~434. 434/830 = 0.52289156626, or ~52%. That sounds fairly reasonable to me. You thoughts?

2 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Let's say that 95% of the forum members are inactive. That doesn't seem too high, does it?

Inactive as in not posting, sure... I think that could be likely. My guess is many who register on this forum are basically just looking for the mod release threads and the download links.

But why register at all if you're not even going to browse or read the forum at all? Not even the official announcements? Participating in a quiz like that is not like posting: no one other than the organizer is going to see you even submitted an answer.

I don't know. Even accounting for the usual active/inactive guesstimates, it just seems very low.

2 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

But why register at all if you're not even going to browse or read the forum at all? Not even the official announcements? Participating in a quiz like that is not like posting: no one other than the organizer is going to see you even submitted an answer.

Well, I know that there are some threads that I've subscribed to. You can't do that without an account. Or, they may have had one question to ask, and then left. Or posted once in the "Welcome Aboard" subforum, and then become inactive.

10 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Well, I know that there are some threads that I've subscribed to. You can't do that without an account. Or, they may have had one question to ask, and then left. Or posted once in the "Welcome Aboard" subforum, and then become inactive.

And thus have taken many a good username. :(

This thread's pretty much lost it's way, so expect it to get closed real soon (usually happens right after I join in an OT conversation :sticktongue:).

19 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

am I going to have to be the one that asks about the rather underwhelming participation...?

Nope - nobody had to. But u did, so...

17 hours ago, KroShan said:

most of the members dont need another copy of KSP so thats and maybe dont have a console anyway

Indeed, and considering the bad press the console version has received on this forum (from what I've seen) it's no wonder many PC players aren't that interested. I don't have an XBone or a PS4, but I entered anyway cos of a) curiosity about the quiz, b) free stuff, and c) cos why not?

11 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

And thus have taken many a good username. :(

Oh wow is the struggle real :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Dman979 said:

There are exactly 22530 users on the forums who have over 5 posts

Posting activity and browsing activity are completely different. Even I, a fairly frequent poster, read far, far more than I post. Now, I could do the reading without logging in and it would seem that I was totally inactive/a dead account, when in reality I might be extracting a great deal from this community - this is the art of listening. And why have an account if you only read? Well, a) it's free, b) it makes u feel part of the community even if u don't post anything, and c) if u read something one day and decide actually you do want to say something about it u don't need to go thru the registration process and forget what it was u were gonna say. This community isn't an exclusive club; the registration process mostly serves to keep the forum clean of bot spam.

Edited by The_Rocketeer