Realism Overhaul Career Suggestions

I decided to step up my gameplay and went for realism overhaul. I love it but there are few issues with mods making the game a bit uncomfortable to me.

I install the reccomended mods via Ckan, because I do want real engines, even because the look of them. But it is too messy.

At the very start, I get a lot of unmanned capsules (which is good to me) but they all provide too many features for a start. Make it solar panels, huge amount of electricity, SAS... It would be good to get them when you progress you carrer.

And unlocking next nodes provide you some engines and a lot, a lot of more (or less) items most of them I have no absolutely idea what they are for. An insane amount of them.

I tried to install "engineer tech tree" (as well as community tech tree) and it appears to be a wise move as it looks more realistic, giving you the possibility to make more nodes choices.

Yet there's something -apparently- broken, in one of the very first node I do buy researched items (it is a scansat map or something like that), but they are not avalaible when it comes to build your ship.

At the very end, what do you suggest me to do, or what mod to install for a RO career?

RP-0 is the official career mod for realism overhauoverhaul. Although it has even more dependencies, it seems worth it. You do end up with a lot of parts to start, but it is all stuff that makes sense. I've just recently started my 1st RP-0 career and am really enjoying the challenge. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.