My first Keo-Stationary Comm Network

I've been playing KSP since v0.17 or v0.18 but this is my first KSP video.  I use Remote Tech and decided to create a keo-stationary communications network around Kerbin using 3 satellites.  I hope you like the video.

*EDIT - It was pointed out to me that I should have used the sidereal period of 5h 59m 9.4s for my satellites so they don't drift from their keo-stationary positions.  Now I have a topic for my second video.

Edited by HumpieDouglas

1 hour ago, Dr Farnsworth said:

I have kicked the idea around of installing the remote tech mod.

I am concerned that the orbits of those three satellites would eventually decay and it would turn into a unusable mess.

Well at this point, something quite similar to RemoteTech's going to be integrated into stock seemingly by 1.2, so we'll be able to (and may somewhat be required to) make networks in a similar if not outright identical manner within the stock game.

Nice video... :)

Yeah, for the longest time I was using the 2868.75km orbit, when its actually 2863.334km:
http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/KEO

Yeah, that flickering shadows is a known issue:

1 hour ago, Dr Farnsworth said:

I am concerned that the orbits of those three satellites would eventually decay and it would turn into a unusable mess.

Put a tiny bit of fuel and an ANT engine on your sats, and its not too bad to occasionally correct..

OR, there's this mod, which I guess does station keeping:

OR, just wait for 1.2 to drop, as IIRC, in the latest DevNotes, there was mention of redoing the orbital mechanics...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.