Azimech's Racing Track

13 hours ago, Azimech said:

Hey, guys ... come on! Put some passion in it! Ya telling me it's too hard to record a vid or something? Where's the adrenaline!

I'm having lots of problems with my car... i need too many aero surfaces to keep it on the track that it goes 30m/s at max speed... and even then if I turn too much (and that's not that much) it spins aout of control unless i use the jet boost to shut down the thrust until it stops... wheels settings? too much power? I'm just using 2 junos

18 hours ago, borbalf said:

I'm having lots of problems with my car... i need too many aero surfaces to keep it on the track that it goes 30m/s at max speed... and even then if I turn too much (and that's not that much) it spins aout of control unless i use the jet boost to shut down the thrust until it stops... wheels settings? too much power? I'm just using 2 junos

What settings are you using for the wheels?

Edited by mrmcp1

4 minutes ago, borbalf said:

I'm using max traction control, max damper and the rest is default... but i tried various combinations and this was the best one

Have you tried setting the friction control to manual? I have had better results using that. I tend to set the rear wheels to 1.7 and the front to about 1.2

Unfortunately both of my cars have weird issue (one just randomly just turns left and right at speed creating a fishtail effect and the other pulls to the right on the straights)   

1 hour ago, borbalf said:

I'm using max traction control, max damper and the rest is default... but i tried various combinations and this was the best one

I always choose override on both, Damper equal or less than spring, a little more friction control on the rear wheels.

On 12/11/2016 at 7:30 PM, mrmcp1 said:

Have you tried setting the friction control to manual? I have had better results using that. I tend to set the rear wheels to 1.7 and the front to about 1.2

Unfortunately both of my cars have weird issue (one just randomly just turns left and right at speed creating a fishtail effect and the other pulls to the right on the straights)   

On 12/11/2016 at 8:44 PM, Azimech said:

I always choose override on both, Damper equal or less than spring, a little more friction control on the rear wheels.

I'll try my car with your suggestions! At the moment I'm working on a Hummer replica, king class

Edited by borbalf

5 hours ago, mrmcp1 said:

Now working on a king class car (my smaller one's have too many weird issues)

UGJXViE.png

It looks cool but isn't there a whole lot of drag and heavy metal in your design? Have you compared it with the performance of my car in the video?

4 hours ago, Jollyfellow said:

Are aerobrakes allowed? Like a spoiler that points upwards for more braking force? Not the A.I.R.B.R.A.K.E.S, though.

As stated in the rules, fixed control surfaces are allowed, moving control surfaces not allowed, except the Boost Flap. If you configure the Boost Flap correctly, it will provide downforce while braking.

Edited by Azimech

On 16/11/2016 at 1:12 AM, Azimech said:

It looks cool but isn't there a whole lot of drag and heavy metal in your design? Have you compared it with the performance of my car in the video?

It is quite slow but it tends to role if a turn is made above 30m/s. Your car seems to have a lot of radiators (might be mistaken) aren't those of similar mass? I will attempt a run this weekend

50 minutes ago, Azimech said:

Nice borbalf, good looking car :-) You made a small error at the tracking station though, see my video.

Anyway, it's time I start to write the ranking list.

Do you mean at 2:25? I had to take the scenic route or I would have crashed into the big dish :sticktongue: does it disqualify my entry?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2016 at 7:32 AM, Azimech said:

Working control surfaces are not allowed.

On 10/30/2016 at 7:32 AM, Azimech said:
  • Class 4: One Juno, max 4 Rovemax M1 wheels, no aerodynamics except the little effect of the Boost Flap.
  • Class 3: Two Juno's, max of 8 Rovemax M1 wheels, free aerodynamics.

@Azimech what is the difference between free/no aerodynamics and working/locked control surfaces? That sounds like two words for the same thing to me. If I read it like that then your basic rule only applies to class 4 out of all the class and size options listed so I'm kind of confused on the craft requirements. Are control surfaces allowed on the larger cars as long as they don't fly then? 

edit: Wait I think I understand it now. free as in beer, not free as in speech. NO spoilers at all for Class 4, locked spoilers for all other classes? 

Edited by ruinzv2

I've made some changes to the King Class, 8 Rovemax M1 wheels are also permitted now.

I figured ... oops. My own stock car can't compete.

Anyway, made a video with my new Charger R/T 3.0, King class. I only adjusted the friction settings (stock it likes to drift).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.