Show me your biggest rovers!

ySLp7iW.png

So I just test-built a Duna base on Kerbin using a bunch of tiny rovers. To move around bigger parts though, such as a 40 Kerbal return vehicle, I built a bigger rover. This also refuels the return vehicle. Now getting it to Duna will be a problem since I use the big rover wheels and thus will need the biggest fairing possible. I can make it modular and attach the wheels on in LKO but I'll try putting the whole thing into a fairing before I do that.

Fire

13 minutes ago, Azimech said:

I thought you were ... silent?

To start the unrelated tangent of my username (on this forum, for the first time), 'Otto the Silent' was the nickname of the German submarine commander Otto Kretschmer, who sank 350,000 tons of Allied shipping before becoming a POW in late 1942. 

3 minutes ago, ottothesilent said:

To start the unrelated tangent of my username (on this forum, for the first time), 'Otto the Silent' was the nickname of the German submarine commander Otto Kretschmer, who sank 350,000 tons of Allied shipping before becoming a POW in late 1942. 

Okiedokie, didn't know that. I was unfamiliar with the Iron Giant as well. He might like my Yllions.

I may be nothing more than a lurker now but I couldn't let a thread like this escape me :D

My last mega-rover (A dump-truck) The Kelaz Evolution. It's not that big but it might be one of the largest working stock land vehicles that uses custom wheels and braking systems.

Oh yeah... Thats what is unique about this one. Each wheel can brake independent of each other that makes for a really sharp turning radius.

Please note I never did an official release of this version so if the interest is still out there I will do so.

Key Klond are you interested in developing a stock loader crane for this dump truck? 

EF93A59996429BB48C4C8855D99BE2FFDD8B2EFE

CA25F24F20687009A9D17FC1D75F2FCE42652B74

DCEED07AF32EEE42B74A374ED80530D5D606E14B

Edited by Jon144

9 hours ago, Jon144 said:

are you interested in developing a stock loader crane for this dump truck?

No promises.  I'll let you know if I do.

I really need this truck though.  I got some rovers to crush.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.