no text in buttons linux mint 18.1

Tried to find  a solution to this and I have not been successful.  I have the Demo version and I am running it in steam under Linux Mint 18.1.  There is no text in any of the buttons under settings, no text in the navball speed section, no text when I hit escape to revert to station etc.  The buttons work but there is no text in them.

I updated and reinstalled steam, updated to wine1.8, copied fonts, installed fonts, used winetricks to install fonts.  Tried -force-glcore.  lowered resolution raised resolution, full screen not full screen.  Nothing so far.

AMD6300

4 Gb memory

AMD Radeon R7 graphics card open source driver(AMD doesn't have proprietary drivers for linux anymore)

any help would be appreciated, Thanks,\

shaun

Just to add to this, I have installed Linux Mint 18.1 with the Cinnamon desktop (very nice so far) on my new PC, and both the 32bit and x86_64 versions of KSP via Steam are working properly with an R7 gpu (AMD A8-7650k Radeon R7) though without anti-aliasing so far.

All text is working fine.

I did need this to get Steam to work properly, but other than that @Harry Rhodan appears to be correct, you need to use the Linux version.

The Windows version will work in Wine, but it's not officially supported, and issues with it won't be addressed by the developers.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.