Kerbol System/Solar System Analogs

Skylon

Here you can post similarities between real life and KSP celestial bodies. It may be any kind of similarity, from size, mass, colour, surface features, delta v budget, posisition on the system, etc.

For example, Duna and and the moon have a similar delta v budget from Low Orbit to the surface: The moon requires around 1,600m/s, and Duna requires 1,450m/s. The only difference being of course that aerobraking for landing is possible for Duna, vastly decreasing the DeltaV required. 

Trappist-1e is similar in radius and temperature to Kerbin.

K2-72e could also be a Kerbin analogue.

Kepler-37b, the only known Mercury analogue, is by definition a Moho like planet.

My planet candidate EPIC 210693462.02 has a similar radius and temperature to Mars and may also be a Duna analogue.

• 3 weeks later...

Sun: Sun (duh)

Moho: Mercury

Eve: Loose Venus

Gilly: possibly referencing Neith, a hypothetical moon of Venus.

Kerbin: Earth

Mun: Moon

Minmus: Possibly referencing on of these, or Lilith.

Duna: Based on Mars during its ice ages, when its ice caps were much closer to its equator.

Ike: Possibly loosely based off of Charon, being half the size of its parent (Charon and Ike having similar appearances is likely a coincidence, with Ike being put into the game before we even knew what Charon looked like.)

Dres: Ceres

Jool: Jupiter

Laythe: Vaguely represents Io, It more or less be somewhat of a Titan analogue. Also seems to be based off of what happened to Europa in 2010: Odyssey Two

Vall: late-Europa analogue

Tylo: Seems to be based off both Ganymede and Callisto

Bop: Represents captures minor moons of Jupiter

Pol: Likely represents the interesting minor moons of Jupiter, such as Amalthea. (and yes I know that Amalthea orbits close to Jupiter.)

Eeloo: Was going to be an Enceladus analogue for GP2, but the latter was scrapped and the former became our furthest planet.

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 3:31 PM, _Augustus_ said:

I think that Eeloo is an Enceladus analog.

Ike seems like a giant version of Charon.

Also interestingly enough, I think Charon and Kerbin are the same sizes...

Edited by Adstriduum

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.