Too many mods for PC to handle?

I have like 61 addons enabled. Kerbal Space Program is taking 5GB just loading into the settings tab which has not loaded yet and has been that way for around 7 minutes by the time i'm posting this.

Do you have have any suggestions for this to work, i understand the best method is just to remove some and i can but other alternatives would be nice. To clarify i did launch the 64 bit version in steam.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Jas0n said:

The amount of mods a PC can handle varies greatly, depending on the specs of the PC. And the only real way to ease the load on the PC is to remove mods.

I found a string in the output_log.txt its the same thing over and over im guessing this config just needs the latest release off the github.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

15 hours ago, SlayerNebula said:

I found a string in the output_log.txt its the same thing over and over im guessing this config just needs the latest release off the github.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Yeah NREs (Null Reference Exception) are generally bad news, especially if it is spamming the log, in which case it will massively slow down the game and eventually crash it.

Given that the NRE is referencing Kopernicus the problem likely lies in a planet pack or something of that nature. What planet packs are you using?

It is always helpful to post your mod list and an output log when seeking support.

My current install has 100+ mods and sits around 20Gb RAM usage at the main menu (mod it tell it crashes baby, then buy more RAM and mod it some more!!) so I can assure you the game can handle it.

3 hours ago, Akira_R said:

Yeah NREs (Null Reference Exception) are generally bad news, especially if it is spamming the log, in which case it will massively slow down the game and eventually crash it.

Given that the NRE is referencing Kopernicus the problem likely lies in a planet pack or something of that nature. What planet packs are you using?

It is always helpful to post your mod list and an output log when seeking support.

My current install has 100+ mods and sits around 20Gb RAM usage at the main menu (mod it tell it crashes baby, then buy more RAM and mod it some more!!) so I can assure you the game can handle it.

Yeah i just deleted all my addons and painstakingly installed every other one it looks like it was an issue with modules in CKAN that weren't updated correctly and gave me versions that didn't work with other configs so i found which configs will work together and now i think it works. It's still slow as hell kinda laggy but it does the job. Thanks for that resource though!

@SlayerNebula Alt - F12 will show you the console, you might still have NRE spam if it's really laggy. Yeah one of the many reasons why I personally dislike CKAN and highly recommend that anyone interested in seriously modding KSP learn how to mod manually. It's actually very very very easy to figure out and will save you a world of headaches.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.