"part cost (xxxx) is less than the cost of its resources" - crash

1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

See

Pretty sure the part cost/resource thing itself wont crash KSP... There are a LOT of well known mods out there, that have been working for ages, while throwing the part cost/resource error in the logs...

Like you said in your edit on that thread, its got to be something else causing the crash...

I can confirm that however annoying this error it is it's not crash worthy or likely to cause a crash  . until  recently I cared little about such things and my mods would generate a lot of similar errors, and aside from filling up log space the errors have no effect on mine or anyone else's game

It's a problem with smokescreen, the launch effects partmodules weren't tested in ksp by those in the thread that says it was ok in ksp 1.3. Any part using them crashes the game during load. For now if you want the game to load go into the cfg for that part and remove any partmodules that say ( KM_PreLaunchEffect_SmkS ). Smokescreen will need to be updated.

Edited by raidernick

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.