nascarlaser1

Help making uv map

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi guys!

I need help making a UV picture for my model. I tried following a tutorial, but everytime I'd center a group of parts, wings 3d would then not allow me ot deselect it, causing it to be all messed up.

Model can be found on last post of this thread:

Requires the newest version of Wings3d to work.

Thanks in advance

Edited by nascarlaser1

I wish I knew Wings3D enough to help!    Surely someone will wander along?  It's also a generic enough to the program question you might ask for help in a Wings3D forum - someone will be able to get you started unwrapping.  It sounds like you're probably just missing a keyboard shortcut or something similar to deselect.

deselect hotkey is space

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

deselect hotkey is space

thxs will try later  :)

I took a break from making this for a while to actually play ksp, but now that I return, there is no move to center button :(:(. When I right click and click move, it has horizontal, vertical and free. Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this? Also Is there any point in fighting with wings3d anymore or should I just import my model over to blender? I was hoping to avoid blender (seems much more complicated then wings3d) but I will use it if I have to.

If you move to blender, there are a lot more of us who can walk you through things you get stuck on.   I HATED my move to blender - having worked in Lightwave ages ago - but now that I'm used to it, it's all second nature.    

14 hours ago, artwhaley said:

If you move to blender, there are a lot more of us who can walk you through things you get stuck on.   I HATED my move to blender - having worked in Lightwave ages ago - but now that I'm used to it, it's all second nature.    

ok thxs. 1 question... how exactly do I import/export a model from 1 program to the other? (I reealllyy need to figure out what I can/cannot do next time so I'm not flooding the forums with a bunch of interconnected posts lol).

Blender can import a lot of types of files  so it's just a matter of figuring out what wings can export - it looks like collada (.dae) and wavefront (.obj) are both on the list, and those are formats blender handles very well.  So I'd export as a .dae, then import it into blender!

Edited by artwhaley

42 minutes ago, artwhaley said:

Blender can import a lot of types of files  so it's just a matter of figuring out what wings can export - it looks like collada (.dae) and wavefront (.obj) are both on the list, and those are formats blender handles very well.  So I'd export as a .dae, then import it into blender!

in order to import/export, do I just copy 1 file to a different folder?