Launch inconsistensies

djnekkid

Hi All :D

I've run into a small problem, launches that work one time, and is typically launched with "manual mechjab" ... set it to 90/90, fire up, 45 degrees at 10km, etc... One time it launches completely fine, the next time (s) it suddenly starts to wobble and get a spin-of-death...

Any ideas?

That just kind of happens now and then. It's part of playing the game while it's still in alpha development. You can make your rockets a bit sturdier to prevent unwanted flexing, but there's no way to stop it completely. If it gets really bad, quit the flight and start over, but by going to the VAB first rather than using "restart flight."

If it gets really bad, quit the flight and start over, but by going to the VAB first rather than using "restart flight."

This particulary have i noticed as well, i kept strugling with a "bad flight" over and over, and accidentially clicked "return to VAB" instead of "restart flight", and this one were perfect :)

I have seen this issue as well.

If it happens often for a craft, it probably has borderline stability issues. You should probably save a backup copy then tweak it a little to see if you can get all or the majority of MechJeb Ascents working.

Quantum fluctuations probably.

When the game starts initially, the ship kind of wobbles around. Usually you can see this too. So when you set up your SAS, the angle it sets as its "home" position can vary by a degree or two just due to how things wobble and flex.

I'd also bet that it doesn't always wobble the same way.

Is this within the same run of the game or separate instances? If it is the same run, then it might be explained by the memory leak the current version of Unity that KSP is running on has. This can produce a building error that can create different results.

If it is separate instances of running the game, then Znath's explanation is feasible.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.