KSP Space Trivia Challenge - Play Against Each other, Earn Ranks and Points!

Well done everyone, and thanks for trying this out.. and thank you so much for the people that helped out in general. Things begun to pick up a little toward the end of this, so I have decided to bring this back perhaps over the festive season. Stay tuned around then for any updates.

PS. Thanks sal/mods for sticky and is it ok to keep this post up just for another day or two so people who played can have an opportunity to see the final score board... thanks so much :)

Edited by Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there Designer225 .. you dont need to log in with anything.. just choose a nick name (preferably your forum name.. but it dosesnt have to be).. and press the connect button (of course after you type the captcha) .. anyway you should automatically join the chat room then you can start to play the game or chat to others or whatever.

To all that joined the room this evening, im sorry i missed you.. i was not by my keyboard at the time, and i should have been there to at least welcome you. but even if there is nobody talking in there or indeed nobody playing the game.. dont be shy.. start up a game yourself ;)

regards

pan

[15:12] <The-Kraken> Winner: Earthbounder The_Destroyer Answer: Linear RCS Port Time: 24.563 Streak: 5 Points: 21 WPM: 7 Rank: 7th

[15:12] <The-Kraken> Well done The_Destroyer You're on fire!!

[15:12] * The-Kraken hands The_Destroyer a 6-pack of icy cold Kerbol Kola's for getting the last 5 questions!

I love this.

Also, things like CTRL+Z dont register.

[15:38] <The-Kraken> The_Destroyer has moved up in rank: 3rd

Edited by The Destroyer

Hello TMA.

I found a name error.

The-Kraken asked the first woman in space. I entered Valentina Tereskova, but then I found out that's the wrong name. Then the hint was also wrong, because the first of them is Vantina. Shouldn't it be Valentina Tereshkova?

EDIt: By the way, how cann you be oped or voiced?

Edited by Designer225

Hi folks... glad to see some folks are getting some fun out of this.

The Destroyer

Also, things like CTRL+Z dont register.

Yes it seems the game has an issue with some non letter characters.

I shall amend any of these + question with &

If you spot any other non-responsive correct answers due to a certain character please bring it

to my attention, or report it yourself using the room reporting feature (see website)

Hi Designer225

The-Kraken asked the first woman in space. I entered Valentina Tereskova, but then

I found out that's the wrong name. Then the hint was also wrong, because the first of them is

Vantina. Shouldn't it be Valentina Tereshkova?

EDIt: By the way, how cann you be oped or voiced?

Well its possible there will be the odd answer that is questionable or debatable... but again if

you find any ones that you are not happy with you can report it as explained above, or use this

forum thread. I will of course amend any answers that are just completely wrong provided

people are 100% sure its wrong and perhaps provide a link to somewhere that can

authenticate that answer.

Anyone who is "known" ... ie has played the game at least once and proved they are not a troll

or some idiot out to be disruptive should ideally be voiced "+" ... Having a voice means you can

use features of the room that non-voiced people can not, for example with a + you can

report/add trivia questions and use other tools.

There are three ways to set someone up with +

I can set the Kracken to automatically + that person whenever they join automatically based

on nick and host (ip)

Or the person can register their name with EsperNet so be able to access "chanserv"

commands.. this means yo can voice yourself whenever you want. I can also set Chanserv to

auto voice registered people.

If you cant or dont want to register for whatever reasons, or have a dynamic ip (changing ip

address) then another op can voice you whenever you are around.

Regarding Ops "@" .. ops are only really for people who have either helped out with the

founding of the room or other help... or will have ops because they are helping to run the

room. An op is much like a forum moderator.. there is no need for everyone to have ops..

voice is more then enough to access the rooms various feature.

People who have been coming to the room for any significant time, and have been polite, or

helpful will most likely be offered ops if they so want it.

But in general there is no reason to have ops, other then to kick or ban people, which for the

most part is already taken care of by the ops that are already there and to be honest mostly

likely will never be needed. (touch wood)

i may change how things work, but for now i think this system is good.

msg me next time your in the room, ill see about setting you up with to be auto voiced

if you miss me.. please its important to note.. i am a human being.. i eat , sleep and go out..

just because my nick (name) is in the room it dosent mean im at my pc. Also i am GMT so I

tend to sleep regular GMT hours, dont be surprised if your there at my 3am and your

wondering why im not responding ;)

anyway, thanks to all that have been trying this.. i shall improve things as they crop up

in the mean time enjoy

PS.

I shall be updating the Leader Board tomorrow evening, so it will be updated on the website,

and I shall also Post the leader board in the first post of this thread.

regards

pan

Edited by Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

Hi folks

Just a little update.. Im thinking this idea isnt working out as well as I had initially expected. Unfortunately at this stage with the couple of people that have been playing keeping it open and hosting the website dosent bare much merit. Im also aware the very few people that do play will soon get bored themselves due to lack of other players to play against.

I therefore and after thinking about this hard for a good few days now have decided to discontinue the service by next weekend.

It was an interesting experiment, and I enjoyed setting it up, and thank also to the people who had initial interest in this idea, provided me with encouragement or were just helpful in some way or another.

If anyone else wants to continue with this ide I suppose i could give you all the things needed to run, like the room ownership, the bot, trivia game/questions, website files/project.. I can not however host the website, or offer any sort of help with the chan, modifying/configuring things with the bot, chan or whatever... I guess it might be ideal in the hands of someone who knows how to use an mirc bot, and can edit/update the websites project files.

anyway.. all said.. its been fun..

so just remember its next weekend (not this weekend).... feel free to hammer the game till then.. I shall update the leader board on the 2nd last day, so its displayed for a day both on the web site and forum..

after that ill request to have the post taken down too... unless anyone else wants to take over the idea.

anyway.. a big thanks to everyone.. and very big WELL DONE to all that played and got good scores.. i only wish i was smart as you lot so i could keep up with you on a competitive level :wink:

best regards

pan

Well done everyone, and thanks for trying this out.. and thank you so much for the people that helped out in general. Things begun to pick up a little toward the end of this, so I have decided to bring this back perhaps over the festive season. Stay tuned around then for any updates.

PS. Thanks sal/mods for sticky and is it ok to keep this post up just for another day or two so people who played can have an opportunity to see the final score board... thanks so much :)

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

randomness could be so accurate, i do like to close my eyes and random click on link, remind me the morning where i woke partially able to read chinnees ideo pictogramms ... so much fun

operator, unplug plox ...

what about a new game: link an image mosaic and ask for gmt and query= ? a little insight into revert training ...

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.