Launching A Permanent Mun Base

Kottabos

Hello again all, after my "successful" mission of getting Jebediah to the Mun .... though not back from it yet, I decided to send up an actual permanent station to the mun. I learned a few things from the Jeb mission, mainly fuel consumption issues, and was able to get my new base safely on the munar surface (inadvertently close to a mun arch lol :cool:). Heres the vid, hope you all enjoy it:

Really great video and welcome! Some tips would be to use nuclear engines on the landing stage and instead of the mainsails use 4 smaller engines for each tank. Both of the tips will give your more fuel. Fly safe and great job!

Welcome to the community Kottabos :)

Hmm, so rather then rescue them, you send them some company? Good idea, return trips are so last year :D

Have fun making more vids and fly safe!

eh I'll bring them back eventually, my current plan is to send a few missions up with different things. So this mission was to basically find somewhere to land, the next mission will be to get a crew with a rover up and then lastly a mission to send a vehicle that can get them back home. Which for that one I was thinking some sort of fairy between the mun and my space station orbiting kerban.

Really great video and welcome! Some tips would be to use nuclear engines on the landing stage and instead of the mainsails use 4 smaller engines for each tank. Both of the tips will give your more fuel. Fly safe and great job!

nuclear engine on the landing stage? interesting I never would have thought of that. Thanks for the tips, I'll have to give them a go as I am always so paranoid when it comes to my fuel consumption.