[0.20] Subassembly Loader - 0.20 Compatibility Patch

TheUndeadFish

The .CS file is in the main directory outside the GameData folder (not to mention the subassemblyLoader folder...)

Enlighten me, please, as the the intended usage?

That's the source file for the plugin, you can ignore it (knew i probably should have put it in a labeled folder).

@Awaras:

I am currently having a poke around to see what's not working properly. The problem doesn't seem to be as 'simple' as the loader.

Edit:

OK, I lied slightly, here's another version of sub-assembly loader that should hopefully make button placement independent of screen resolution.

Edited by sal_vager
new SAL version added :)

Actually, I found that Edtools worked for me... I don't know how, but it does.

It works... Sort of. Intermittent decisions to go symmetrical across a different axis notwithstanding. But try pressing Tab, which switches symmetry mode.

Since the Dynamic Warp plugin by DEADBEEF also stopped working, I updated it for 0.20:

I find its extreme slow down mode very useful for observing how exactly things blow up :D

Edited by sal_vager

@MR4Y

Which version of the fix are you using? The most recent one I posted should have placed the button just to the left of the buttons for switching between parts and action groups

In reference to edtools it seems to be calling things multiple times when it should only do it once per button press. For example the toggles (eg for part clipping) seem to switch on then off again and angle snap cycles through multiple things at a time (90-15-0 etc.)

Having trouble with this. I installed the subassembly mod from the spaceport and over wrote the dll with the last one posted in here. I was left with a question mark. I noticed the directory structure in the zip was different than that of the mod in spaceport. Am I doing something wrong? Should i not use the mod from spaceport and just use the dir structure in the zip?

If you're using one of mine you just need to extract the game data folder over your ksp installation. All the folder structure is updated for 0.20 and won't work correctly if you install it in plugins.

If you're using one of mine you just need to extract the game data folder over your ksp installation. All the folder structure is updated for 0.20 and won't work correctly if you install it in plugins.
Doesn't that overwrite the original GameData folder with the stock parts etc innit?

Or am I supposed to just put the "subassemblyLoader" folder inside the GameData folder?

On windows it will just merge the folders, I don't know how it works on Mac or Linux though.

Deadbeef hasn't posted since the forum crash so an official update doesn't seem likely. Although he may have just been waiting for a reason :)

@MR4Y

Which version of the fix are you using? The most recent one I posted should have placed the button just to the left of the buttons for switching between parts and action groups

In reference to edtools it seems to be calling things multiple times when it should only do it once per button press. For example the toggles (eg for part clipping) seem to switch on then off again and angle snap cycles through multiple things at a time (90-15-0 etc.)

Which version of the fix I'm using? The only one that has a link to download. I downloaded it yesterday.

Hi all, love this mod so decided to delve a tad deeper into updating it for 0.20 :D:

Extract the GameData folder inside the zip in your KSP folder, directory structure should be good.

Basically all I did was use TheUndeadFish's edits along with changing the file references to a folder in GameData, seems to run OK and shouldn't have any problems with little question mark icons.

@Fel

This hooks in to Unity's OnGui function and already checks if the editor is open so the [KSPAddon] shouldn't be needed. Performance gain, if any would be tiny (I think:)).

Can I suggest that you comment out the 'bad subassembly' part? It's without a doubt the most loathed 'feature' of the mod. It's so bad that I would actually consider it bugged. I'm assuming I would simply need to comment out line 96?

Edited by sal_vager

@Metascience:

Could you explain in which way it isn't working?

Installation wise the edtools.dll file can be place in plugins the same as previous versions or you can place it in the gamedata folder.

In game it is acting a bit funny, things that should only happen once are repeating four times meaning the toggles are useless and the angle snap cycle is a bit counterintuitive. I'm still struggling to work out why it's happening.

@Frostiken:

Honestly I'm failing to understand why the 'bad subassembly' check is a bad thing.

however, if you want to disable it comment out lines 127 & 128 as that is when the check and function call occurs.

Honestly I'm failing to understand why the 'bad subassembly' check is a bad thing.

Because it's glitchy and ****ty and serves no purpose. If you're trying to save, say, a probe, all it's checking for is if the 'core' component has any open nodes. It doesn't matter if the REST of the subassembly has open nodes.

http://i.imgur.com/EIjzQNG.png

Here's a satellite that will save, because the core is on the bottom. However, if I sandwich the core between the Oskar fuel tanks, it will no longer save because it has 'no free nodes', even though the bottommost fuel tank has an open node.

Basically, I don't need a program holding my hand and getting in the way. I'm not sure what the intent of it is, but it causes more problems then it solves. The Spaceport comments section is full of complaints about it. Let me save what I want to save.

As for me doing it myself, compiling this into a .dll is outside of my area of expertise. Also so that nobody else has to do it too.

EDIT: Also, I don't know if it's just me, but whenever it gives me this error message now, it also deletes the entire ship, presumably because the new subassembly loader icon is located in the general area you usually drop things to delete them.

Edited by Frostiken

@Metascience:

Could you explain in which way it isn't working?

Installation wise the edtools.dll file can be place in plugins the same as previous versions or you can place it in the gamedata folder.

In game it is acting a bit funny, things that should only happen once are repeating four times meaning the toggles are useless and the angle snap cycle is a bit counterintuitive. I'm still struggling to work out why it's happening.

Is there a way I could help? I'm not quite sure how, but I'd love to contribute, as I'm having this problem too.