taniwha

[1.2.2] Extraplanetary Launchpads v5.7.1

4764 posts in this topic

Do you have any crew in there? Do they have the ExConstructionSkill trait? What's your vessel productivity?

Oh, haha. I see your problem. You're testing with Bill Kerman. If you do the math by hand, his productivity is exactly 0. 32-bit floating-point math gives -1.490116E-08. A few choices to fix: get him more experience (2 stars is enough for your purposes), test in sandbox, or find a better engineer.

BTW, that 0 productivity for Bill was a complete fluke: I designed the curves just to "feel ok" to me, and found that poor Bill wound up with 0 (Bob about 0.8, Jeb about 0.4 or 0.5, don't remember, Val somewhat higher, but she came along long after even experience handling).

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Oh, haha. I see your problem. You're testing with Bill Kerman. If you do the math by hand, his productivity is exactly 0. 32-bit floating-point math gives -1.490116E-08. A few choices to fix: get him more experience (2 stars is enough for your purposes), test in sandbox, or find a better engineer.

BTW, that 0 productivity for Bill was a complete fluke: I designed the curves just to "feel ok" to me, and found that poor Bill wound up with 0 (Bob about 0.8, Jeb about 0.4 or 0.5, don't remember, Val somewhat higher, but she came along long after even experience handling).

OK, is it a DLL thing or can i fix that by MM magic? You know i am using SimpleConstructions and i am trying to get rid of the time needed to build with EP, so having EVERY Kerbal at productivity = 1 is ok for me.

Edited by Blackline
typo

It's hard coded, but I'm thinking of making something in there configurable: KSP's RNG does seem to be unfairly biased against engineers.

3 people like this

Sorry if this problem was already answered but everything seems to work fine with the mod except when i finalize build (even with the sliders for xenon or whatever fuel at max and with lot's of rocketparts and full fuel tanks) my newly made rocket doesn't transfer on any fuel and has empty fuel tanks. Solid fuel and batteries seem fine but fuel transfer is an issue. Did I install something wrong?

@nat: First, the transfer does not happen until you hit Release. Second, you need to have those resources on-hand.

Oh, and if you're building via a survey site, you cannot transfer resources. (you need to use KAS pipes or similar).

Edited by taniwha

Im using the orbitaldock and I'm having the same problem with the simple construction mod. I click release and the new rocket doesn't have any fuel. I'm launching from a space station with cross feed enabled btw and thanks for the lightning fast answer.

@nat: Then  make sure you have sufficient of the relevant resources on your station: EL does not create stuff out of nothing (SolidFuel and Ablator are created from RocketParts). If you have the resources, then my guess is some fuel-switcher mod is interfering (shouldn't be MFT as I use that).

Could it be Interstellar Fuel Switch that's creating the problem. Simple construction requires IFS though.

Yeah, it could be. I've heard reports of IFS not cooperating. However, I have found a problem in EL where it was unable to get at KIS container contents. I've fixed that (yesterday), but the two issues might be related (same idea, different places and slightly different solutions).

Edited by taniwha

I have had significant problems with finalizing the build, objects will spawn underground, and the area is totally flat so I cant find any hills to use Y- bounds on... any suggestions?

I even modified the cfg file so I can attach stakes to buildings but that didn't work either...

Why not just add an XYZ offset option in the interface before building? That way if someone spawns something and it comes out in the ground they can just adjust directly and try again?

Is there anyway to modify the cfg files to change default spawn height relative to origin?

Edited by rnisson@gmail.com

@rnisson@gmail.com: if it's coming out in the ground, especially with only a single origin stake, something is very very wrong. I thought I had tested survey builds in 1.2 (I haven't gotten to them in my play yet, but soon!), but you are at least the second person to have run into this.

I have found problems related to spawning and parts starting up properly, and I've fixed that particular instance (not yet released, but pushed to github). I'm very much on the alert for more related issues.