[WIP Plugin](0.90) Burn Together! Alpha v7.0 (3/29/15)

BahamutoD

Can you make it so when leader is moving a Infernal Robotics part (ex. Hinge) , the follower does the same. I tested it with my mechs and it didnt work! D: I't would be pretty awesome if you make it work :D

Can you make it so when leader is moving a Infernal Robotics part (ex. Hinge) , the follower does the same. I tested it with my mechs and it didnt work! D: I't would be pretty awesome if you make it work :D

Im all for this, an entire platoon of robotic walkers all walking at once!

If you set the motor control to the action groups (I mean move+, move- and whatnot when you select he motors in the action groups tab) and turn AG Mimic on on the BT module it should mimic, but I imagine that would make the mechs a bit more awkward to control. You might want to invest in dropships.

• 2 weeks later...

uhm i found something. it's not anyything big and you can ignore this if you think it's stupid but i thought i might as well bring it up since it was the original reason why i downloaded this mod in the first place.

ok i have 5 tanks on the field and i want them to move in a V pattern with BT...

it seems the tanks follow the leader (as said) but not like they used to so they don't stick in formation :/ it's like the leader has the followers on a leash like a couple dogs and it ends in my tanks crashing into each other when doing a U turn. when what they used to do is turn on the spot and keep formation :/

• 3 weeks later...

BT works by making all craft set as followers point along the same heading as the craft identified as being the leader, and attempt to keep the same speed between them. It doesn't make fleet and formation maneuvers. Just keep that in mind.

BT works by making all craft set as followers point along the same heading as the craft identified as being the leader, and attempt to keep the same speed between them. It doesn't make fleet and formation maneuvers. Just keep that in mind.

it used to if you saw the you tube videos.

which is what i'm kinda asking for... is there a way to make a toggle from Spaceship follower to formation follower. that would be epic.

it used to if you saw the you tube videos.

which is what i'm kinda asking for... is there a way to make a toggle from Spaceship follower to formation follower. that would be epic.

If you have extra time, MAKE THIS PLEASE! It may not be as useful as other features, but it would be aesthetically amazing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

In theory, if one were to add a mode where instead of mimicking the movements of the parent craft, it instead mimicked the negative of the parent craft's movements, then mirroring would be possible for things such as docking. I could even see the possibility of limiting the mirroring to relative-positioning only, so as to eliminate the issue of the follower trying to retreat from the parent craft when the parent is trying to dock while under the influence of other forces. This way, one could make a series of rockets/vessels that launch separately, but in sync with each other, and then dock while under power once gravity is less persistent and combine their thrust for more advanced stages.

I'm unsure how this could be done however. I maintain my own source folder for this mod, along with many others, and might have to look at it a bit when my school quarter ends.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’ve used it in 1.0.5, though not on warp rails or for extended times.  Just some tests in Kerbin orbit.  I was able to do an “everyone follow me” command and have a little fleet of five probes move together.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2016 at 4:44 AM, Motokid600 said:

Wonder if I can use this to land two boosters at KSC. Though I'm worried of the consequences if the two aren't at matching altitudes.

I've seen quite a few videos of Cupcake landing multiple ships with BT, so it should be fine. Just to be safe though I'd try to line them up parallel to the ground and perpendicular to your orbit to minimize altitude differences.