What do you want to see in 0.25?

Since 0.24 is on the verge of release, to me, it makes sense to start discussing 0.25.

Here's what I want to see:

1.) The Observatory: At first, only Eve, Gilly, Duna, Ike, the Mun, Kerbin, Minmus, and Jool are visible in map view. If you use the Observatory to look at Jool, Jool's moons will be discovered, and they are added to the map view.

Discovering an object would lead to massive science gains depending on the distance from Kerbin. (e.g. discovering a moon of Jool would get more science than discovering Moho or Gilly.)

2.) Asteroid impacts make small craters when crashing into a celestial object: This one is self-explanatory.

3.) Aurora on Kerbin and Jool: This one is also self-explanatory.

So, my question to you is: What would you like to see in 0.25?

Edited by karolus10
it doesn't need to be that big

You must be new here.

No, I just see this kind of question so many times. What should Squad work on in the next update, what should be in 0.24/0.25, what should be included next... Everyone suggests cool ideas or some mod to be integrated and it doesn't happen. I don't hold out much hope for this thread either.

Fairngs or payload shrouds. I have used tons of mods and I like them. I probably wouldn't use the in game ones even if they did make them but it seems that if you want to play the game vanilla, in terms of parts fairings are a glaring omission. That and the ability to transfer to other capsules and pods without eva. Again I KNOW mods exist for this I have them but anything that makes my game data folder smaller I am all for. Even with 64 bit compatibility coming.

Actual Aerodynamics, that's all I want anymore.

Same here... So many people want things like career mode, resources, more parts... But aerodynamics would be the best update ever for me.

Though, apparently the plane parts are being reworked, which hints toward a airplane themed .25...

Aerodynamics, fairings

Definitely. It should be a no.1 priority after 0.24.

a spaceplane part overhaul

It'd make some people happy, but IMHO: They'd have to re-think it completely.

TBH: I wouldn't mind if they'd scrap space planes all together.

I'd much more gladly see this:

More biomes and science on other planets!

Delta V readout!

then messing with space plane parts when they clearly have no clear vision of what role space planes should fill in the game to make them something more than just a toys they are now.

Edited by Sky_walker

Once budget is in, it would be nice to see extra ways of making money added. Money generating parts would be good, such as commercial comms antenna, tourist pods, commercial cargo/experiment boxes, and so on. Basically something that will allow us to design our own profitable missions as an alternative to running contracts.

I'll hold off on suggesting things for .25 until AFTER we see everything that is in .24

I'm kinda with this. I really just want to know what features are planned for "scope completion". All this conjecture and supposition about what to work on next is pointless, but SQUAD does nothing to control it when they chose to just say "Man we're working hard" week after week after week.

They say they don't want us to speculate and simultaneously don't give any information about what's coming after 0.25... whiskey tango foxtrot.

They say they don't want us to speculate and simultaneously don't give any information about what's coming after 0.25... whiskey tango foxtrot.

You are assuming that "they" know, or at least have a planned direction. Looking at things like the asteroids, flag planting and such, I come away with the impression that they are lurching from one update to another, adding features ad hoc. They have said they have no timetable for feature inclusion and I believe them.

Since 0.24 is on the verge of release, to me, it makes sense to start discussing 0.25.

Here's what I want to see:

1.) The Observatory: At first, only Eve, Gilly, Duna, Ike, the Mun, Kerbin, Minmus, and Jool are visible in map view. If you use the Observatory to look at Jool, Jool's moons will be discovered, and they are added to the map view.

Discovering an object would lead to massive science gains depending on the distance from Kerbin. (e.g. discovering a moon of Jool would get more science than discovering Moho or Gilly.)

2.) Asteroid impacts make small craters when crashing into a celestial object: This one is self-explanatory.

3.) Aurora on Kerbin and Jool: This one is also self-explanatory.

So, my question to you is: What would you like to see in 0.25?

1. In real-life all major moons and planets were discovered before the Space Age. Ignoring that, it'd add very little at this moment to hide the already known celestial bodies that have been plastered all over the internet. If a feature like this introduced, it'd be far more interesting and realistic to have it be used for minor moons around Jool and subsequent planets beyond Jool as well as for the procedural asteroid moons beyond Kerbin's orbit. Make it a real hunt for new moons, asteroid types, etc. instead of a boring rediscovery.

2. As far as I know KSP's engine is not at all setup for this. These asteroids are also not that big. All except the biggest would burn up in the atmosphere and what remained of the largest would make 1 meter crater.

3. Would be cool, although this is already done to perfection in the BetterAtmospheres mod making it a bit redundant in my eyes and more something that should be done when all the main features are well and done.

You are assuming that "they" know, or at least have a planned direction. Looking at things like the asteroids, flag planting and such, I come away with the impression that they are lurching from one update to another, adding features ad hoc. They have said they have no timetable for feature inclusion and I believe them.

So first off, I agree that I think they're not handling the development well. however, I think you're mistaken on the "no timetable" statement. Squad has stated the intend to have the game "scope complete" by the end of the year, so, yeah they do have a time table.

That is unless things have changed and they haven't told us (AHAHAHAHAHA, like THAT ever happens... oh wait...).

And seeing as how that time table is 6 months, they better have an idea about whats else is left to go in. Especially since it's taking them more than 3 to get the contracts and funds out. That time table doesn't leave any room for screwing around.

I'm kinda with this. I really just want to know what features are planned for "scope completion". All this conjecture and supposition about what to work on next is pointless, but SQUAD does nothing to control it when they chose to just say "Man we're working hard" week after week after week.

I think part of it is they don't fully know themselves what scope completion means for the game. For example it was easy for them to say "lets add resources!" and upon testing found that the system they had worked horribly. They probably just want to take it one step at a time figuring out what does and doesn't work.

Also nice military code

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.