Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

I've just added this to the ship submission page, but I would like show it here to see what you think. 

b8KNGwk.png

The aircraft is the Radiant Business Jet. It looks like it is made for civilian and can hold 4 passengers and 1 pilot.. However, this aircraft holds a dark secret.

oKv8EK2.png

Under the Aircraft, there is an AIM-9 Sidewinder, and 20mm Vulcan cannon. For self defense, and for eliminating strategic targets. 

iH76dTj.png

There is also a complex set of countermeasures to ward of enemy missiles, and can easily blend in with passenger aircraft on radar. The aircraft would be used to transport important VIP'S and other military officials. 

Let me know what you guys think.

Edited by Aveeeno

3 hours ago, Aveeeno said:

Let me know what you guys think.

imo, I'd remove the weapons and leave a single Vulcan, since it doesn't really stand a chance to fire off missiles at much faster planes. Plus, Sidewinders are really inaccurate compared to AMRAAMs iirc. They miss even with a tiny bit of flare.

1 hour ago, NotAnAimbot said:

imo, I'd remove the weapons and leave a single Vulcan, since it doesn't really stand a chance to fire off missiles at much faster planes. Plus, Sidewinders are really inaccurate compared to AMRAAMs iirc. They miss even with a tiny bit of flare.

Yeah but the purpose is really just to surprise the enemy and take out un suspecting enemy transports, or light ground units. The aircraft is not designed to be used against fighter aircraft, or faster, more maneuverable aircraft in any way. It is meant to destroy enemy transports and light ground units, by disguising its self as an civillian passenger jet, and not showing up as a threat on enemy radar. For HKA forces, seeing a passenger jet flying through the sky wont alarm them too much, allowing the craft to get closer.

22 minutes ago, Aveeeno said:

Yeah but the purpose is really just to surprise the enemy and take out un suspecting enemy transports, or light ground units.

I dunno, if that's the goal, why not make it a full-fledged CAS plane with a better powerplant? The size won't be much bigger than a passenger plane, and you can carry extra fuel if you take that passenger block out and put a fuel tank/intake tank there. When using radar to detect stuff, only size and shape matters, and even then you only have a blinking dot. A B-52 would appear roughly the same on a radar as a 787.

Plus, modern planes use transponders, which are basically radios emitting on a specific frequency to identify itself. They'd see pretty quickly that it's no passenger plane if it doesn't emit. If it does, it's basically saying "I'm here" to everyone near it.

21 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

I dunno, if that's the goal, why not make it a full-fledged CAS plane with a better powerplant? 

Meh, its more of a new concept, and could make from some intresting plot points. Its more of a novelty than an actual, practical aircraft. I might make a more practical version in the future though.

2 hours ago, Aveeeno said:

might make a more practical version in the future though.

Why not place solar panels as fake windows? This way, you get visual camouflage and fuel space! Using cheap material as mock features has been done for a long time. Here's an example of a Panther disguised as an M10 followed by the actual tank destroyer.

Kampfgruppe X

M10a-600x344.jpg

4 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Is 2 Wheesley engines enough? I needed like 4 ramjets for a bomber with similar payload.

It's probably enough to fly at realistic speeds for that airframe, but you won't be breaking mach 2. Depends on how fast you want to go, and how realistic you want your plane to fly.

On 2/20/2017 at 4:07 PM, JTpopcorn said:

It's probably enough to fly at realistic speeds for that airframe

Hm, I guess that makes sense. It's just that I found you can get Wheesley levels of fuel efficiency and range when flying with afterburners past 800m/s. The dead range for engines seem to be from 343 to 800m/s. Anything lower can be easily achieved by efficient non-afterburning, anything above begins to lower fuel consumption if you go fast enough to burn off the SR-71's paint, but afterburning in that range just wastes fuel.

Also small shoutout to @Aveeeno. The medium tank looks nice, but we can't really see anything with that pitch darkness.

Edited by NotAnAimbot

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Hello, I recently posted my company submission (F-Technologies) but didn't include a flag as I am terrible at using art programs. I couldn't see any thing in the rules but as literally every other post has a flag, I was wondering if it mattered?

No, it doesn't really matter. I do like to see them though.

4 hours ago, ScriptKitt3h said:

There is more to come, so definitely stay tuned.

Additionally, some of these recent submissions are quite impressive- glad to see some new builders come and submit their craft! :D

Always good to have new blood. Seems like Hatbat is getting the reach to bring them in now.

So I have a wee problem, I've started on building a flagship for the Asgard Industries fleet, but the part count is getting a bit high.

yONHrwh.png

I have yet to add any sort of crew area, it's just hull, some fuel and engines, and the 4 reaction wheels and docking ports.  It just looks so damn good that I don't want to stop.  Should I continue or will the excessive part count be a problem?

EDIT:

Screw it, I finished it and if it's too big I guess it won't get used.

Lhts2gF.png

Presenting the Gungnir.....

Edited by Thor Wotansen
Couldn't help it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.