Tweak Scale

USI Exploration Pack

Karbonite

MKS/OKS

Universal Storage Core/KAS/TAC

Vessel View

Virigin Kalactic

MechJeb for all

Module Manager 2.3.5 (packaged with B9?)

Reproduction steps:

Don't really know exactly what is causing it obviously... It MIGHT be a RAM issue but considering I'm on 64-bit (yes I know there are still limits) I'm not really sure. Depends on what KSP is feeling like. It will either crash during the loading screen, crash when you resume your game, or crash when you try to launch a ship.

Log:

Files are too big for pastebin so here is the full crash folder

Crash Report

Yes I know it isn't stable.. but I've been playing it since it first released without any issues. I was just hoping someone could read my log for me and tell me what the issue was. And I did read the sticky, hence the layout of my post is what was on there.

It could be a few of the mods that aren't compatible with 64bit aswell. I know for sure that KSPI lite isn't. My 64bit started crashing when I installed that.

The simple sollution is to run 32bit instead and use ATM to lower the need for ram. If that isn't enough you can make a shortcut of your ksp.exe, rightclick the shortcut and enter "-force-opengl" at the end of the target window. Should look something like: "C:\Program Files (x86)\KSP_win\KSP.exe" "-force-opengl"

Now you can pretty much use as many mods as you wish without running out of memory.

I don't agree, though you may be right.

I've been using KSP 64bit on my laptop for quite some time without any problems. During 60 hours of playing I've had 2 crashes.

However, when I installed 64 bit on my proper computer I wanted the new version of interstellar called .12 lite and once I installed that it crashed during load every time. I checked the thread for interstellar and WaveFunctionP, the developer of the project, said himself that interstellar lite isn't compatible with 64 bit and that he's currently got no plans on fixing that. I decided I have no interest in playing without Interstellar so I started a 32 bit game instead.

It may be that it's KSP x64 or even Unity causing the problems in the first place. None the less, it works if you want to play stock and most mods worked for me, FAR, ATM, MKS, Better Atmospheres and all it's dependecies, B9, KW Rocketry, etc.

It's not any specific mod.

It's memory usage above ~4Gb on x64 that causes issues. It doesn't matter what mods they are, so long as they use a lot of memory, crashes are inevitable, though exactly when they'll happen is somewhat difficult to predict.

I'm saying this as someone who's seen KSP win64 be highly unstable with modlists that are perfectly fine under KSP win32 and can get win64 to crash at will while win32 remains stable.

Most modders don't say that it's incompatible, just that they don't want to be bothered with the stock issues with KSP win64, since there's absolutely nothing they can do to fix those issues, because they aren't caused by the mods.

It could be a few of the mods that aren't compatible with 64bit aswell. I know for sure that KSPI lite isn't. My 64bit started crashing when I installed that.

The simple sollution is to run 32bit instead and use ATM to lower the need for ram. If that isn't enough you can make a shortcut of your ksp.exe, rightclick the shortcut and enter "-force-opengl" at the end of the target window. Should look something like: "C:\Program Files (x86)\KSP_win\KSP.exe" "-force-opengl"

Now you can pretty much use as many mods as you wish without running out of memory.

Could you tell me what ATM is? I have been running into this issue with 64 bit too lately and I can`t start 32 bit because it uses too much memory.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.