0.90 Kerbal Weather Systems! Alpha 0.5.3 WIP! (Jan 2)

silverfox8124

@illectro: That's always been a thing, when you have force on the wing, yet the wing isn't being pushed by any sort of "thrust" ie. engines, it thinks of it as the wing is stalled, or it could be that there's force acting on the wing, but the wing isn't moving. Could you give me screenshots or more information on how you have your craft set up?

How would these clouds behave compared to EVE? I would've imagined the two mods cooperating as they're into pretty similar stuff. Are you going to start off right away with volumetric clouds? Would be awesome if they'd behave like real clouds when they're blown over by winds.

@MoeslyArmlis: While certain things might be cool to have, I'm more focused on the necessities of weather systems rather than little auxiliary phenomena. As I'm quite sure you don't have a super computer lying around to dedicate to the heavy computing that is required for real-time weather mapping and simulating. I have to market this and make this for the average computer.

@nismobg: I've been talking to Rbray about it all, and EVE just doesn't have the capabilities it needs to be used in the way I want, I'm taking from his teachings and EVE's code however, so it will be very much like it for a while. When it comes, I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait.

When i saw this the first thing that came to mind was air turbulence(adding random values of torque and force to the vessel in a set timeframe/area). that Could make for an interesting challenge. Like where this is going.

Edited by landeTLS

If you would like, I may be able to help. I'm currently taking a meteorology class as part of my major. Since they say the best way to study is to teach, I can help explain (not program, though) some weather phenomenon such as cloud formation, dry and moist adiabatic lapse rates, Corriolis Effect, ect.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.