Graphics glitches when hovering over staging icons [0.90]

I get severe graphics glitches when I hover over the stage sequencing icons in either VAB or in flight. I have two different Macs with two different graphics cards and it happens on both of them. Stock installs on both. This never happened on 0.25. There are no prerequisite steps to reproduce this although the specific graphics glitches evolve depending on what you've been doing recently in or out of the game.

Generally this does not result in a crash and it goes away when you stop hovering over the icons. But it is disruptive because it prevents you from seeing which staging icons correspond to which parts on your spacecraft.

Here are some sample screenshots (taken while hovering or clicking on the staging icons):

kTjdjjy.jpg

SYWkKh0.jpg

(Note wacky presence of nav ball and altimeter in this VAB screenshot)

f1NabiJ.jpg

(Note double presence of altimeter)

kmZPvwq.jpg

VjVlfcm.jpg

System specs:

1. MacBook Pro Retina (Late 2013), 2.8 GHz Intel i7, 16GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GT750m with 2GB VRAM, OSX Yosemite 10.10.1, running at 1920x1200 resolution. Log file here.

2. iMac 5k Retina Display, 4.0 GHz Intel i7, 32GB RAM, AMD Radeon R9 M295X with 4GB VRAM, OSX Yosemite 10.10.1, running at 3200x1800 resolution. Log file here.

Edited by Yakky

If you have the Edge Highlighting option on, try disabling it.

Also, what is your anti-aliasing set as in game?

So far, after disabling PPFX edge highlighting, I cannot reproduce this bug yet. I will keep looking -- I think I encountered it earlier with PPFX disabled but I can't be sure -- and will post an update if it comes back. Thanks for the help!

BTW, in case it's useful: Anti-aliasing is set at 4x. Here are the other graphics settings (after disabling PPFX edge highlighting):

s9WwjAi.jpg

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.