[1.4.x] Contract Pack: RemoteTech [v2.1.4] [2017-08-27]

nightingale

Contracts for RemoteTech, built using Contract Configurator!

Description

This is a Contract Pack for the popular RemoteTech mod. Note that I am not affiliated with the Remote Technologies Group, but think the work they do is awesome! There are 14 one-time contracts included in the pack of varying difficulty. Here's a peek at what some of the contracts look like:

Download

CKAN: In CKAN, Select and download the mod "Contract Pack: RemoteTech"

GitHub: For the direct download option, please ensure you have all the dependencies before raising a support request:

1. Contract Configurator is a required dependency and can be downloaded from the Contract Configurator release thread.
  2. RemoteTech is a required dependency and can be downloaded from the RemoteTech release thread.
  3. ModuleManager is a required dependency and can be downloaded from the ModuleManager release thread.
  4. The RemoteTech Contract Pack can be downloaded from GitHub.

Source

The full source is available on GitHub.

Change Log

Spoiler

ContractPack-RemoteTech 2.1.4

• Fix contracts to work in latest KSP/Contract Configurator (thanks oroussel).
  • Fix agents file to use title instead of name.

ContractPack-RemoteTech 2.1.3

• New logo (thanks rough93).
  • Added loading tip.

ContractPack-RemoteTech 2.1.2

• Fixed everything sat contract broken in last release (thanks severedsolo).

ContractPack-RemoteTech 2.1.1

• Fixed issue where inner/outer system sat contracts can never be offered.

ContractPack-RemoteTech 2.1.0

• Rework for Contract Configurator 1.15.x
  • Fixed DDS settings on agency icon.

ContractPack-RemoteTech 2.0.2

• Officially release for KSP 1.1
  • Increased tolerance for geosynchronous orbit in "Everything sat" contract.

ContractPack-RemoteTech 2.0.1

• Remove time requirement for contract for pointing a dish at Mun/Minmus/Moon (thanks OzoneGrif).

ContractPack-RemoteTech 2.0.0

• All contracts now support RSS!
  • All contracts now support planet packs!
  • Added an agency to give the contracts a little more flavour.
  • Made the three and four commsat versions of the Kerbin/Earth contract mutually exclusive.

ContractPack-RemoteTech 1.1.4

• Split three and four commsat versions of Kerbin contract up.
  • Fixed location of waypoint in KerbolSat contract (thanks Addesso).

ContractPack-RemoteTech 1.1.3

• Update version to KSP 1.0.2

ContractPack-RemoteTech 1.1.2

• Bunch of fixes to Kerbin contract (thanks Invader Myk).

ContractPack-RemoteTech 1.1.1

• Fixed issue where 4-satellite version of Kerbin contract would complete early (thanks SpaceNomad).

ContractPack-RemoteTech 1.1.0

• Major rebalance of contract rewards. No science from contracts, reputation is greatly reduced. Minor changes to funds.
  • Now supports the option of a four satellite starting network (thanks TCFirebird).
  • Now supports RSS! Orbits in the Kerbin statellite contract will automatically adjust based on Kerbin's size.
  • Put everything in a contract group and adjusted relative weights of contracts for selection.
  • Adjustments to dish requirements (thanks silentdeth).
  • Reduce requirements for InnerSat and OuterSat contracts coming up.
  • Split the coverage of Mun/Minmus from the initial Kerbin relay contract.
  • Slight increase to the testing time for Mun/Minmus contracts.
  • Change convention for contract titles.

ContractPack-RemoteTech 1.0.2

• Added dish restriction to initial network contract (the range already limited it to dishes anyway).
  • Stopped using obsolete ContractConfigurator parameters.

ContractPack-RemoteTech 1.0.1

• Fixed KerbolSat mission so that it can't be completed by only one KerbolSat.

ContractPack-RemoteTech 1.0.0

• Initial release.

Note for Existing RemoteTech Saves

If you are installing this on an existing save with RemoteTech, the contracts will work - but the coverage system will need about two minutes either in flight or in the tracking station to fully initialize. Until then it will assume 0% coverage of all bodies - which means that the contracts offered may not be the ones you expected. New saves are not affected.

License

The RemoteTech Contract Pack is licensed under CC-BY-NC-SA-4.0

btn_donate_SM.gif Like what you see? Consider donating to the coffee fund! It will not go directly to supporting this or other mods under my care, but it may keep my motivation up!

Edited by nightingale

Damnit. You're telling me I could have been paid to make my comm network instead of doing it for free? lol.

Great Job nightingale! Another great mod. Keep up the good work.

I remember back in 0.24 building insane super-satellites, looking at the cost in the VAB and saying, "It's going to cost HOW MUCH?!?". Incidentally, that was also the day I learned how to edit funds in the persistance file...

also add a normal download link. not everyone use ckan for differnt reasons. my reason is i have to many custom files it could easily overwrite and its control scheme sucks to me.

Click the "I don't use CKAN" spoiler in the first post. ;)

I wonder if it might be an idea to try and encourage people to get their contract packs to all sit in the same "ContractPacks" folder inside GameData folder, just so they all keep nicely organised.

LOL thanks :) I edited my original post, didn't wanna come off as anything but appreciative. Just loaded this up now.

<3 the fact that I can get paid to setup my network now!

I noticed - so I didn't quote it. I wanted to steer people towards CKAN to reduce my future support effort as much as possible, but maybe it was a little over the top.

Awesome work!

But please, keep a manual install option. Many users do not use CKAN (including me), and many never will (again, including me - I prefer to manage my mods manually).

I have no intention of getting rid of the manual install option - but I do want to try to steer users towards CKAN to avoid having people complain it's not working when the issue is due to a missing dependency. Anyway, I've reworked the main thread to make the options more clear, and the push towards CKAN is... gentler. Hopefully this time it's better for all:

Download

​

CKAN: In CKAN, Select and download the mod "Contract Pack: RemoteTech"

GitHub:

For the direct download option, please ensure you have all the dependencies before raising a support request:

1. Contract Configurator is a required dependency and can be downloaded from GitHub.
  2. RemoteTech is a required dependency and can be downloaded from the RemoteTech release thread.
  3. ModuleManager is a required dependency and can be downloaded from the ModuleManager release thread.
  4. The RemoteTech Contract Pack can be downloaded from GitHub.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if it might be an idea to try and encourage people to get their contract packs to all sit in the same "ContractPacks" folder inside GameData folder, just so they all keep nicely organised.

Forgot to reply to this comment.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. The first contract pack (the SCANsat pack, go download it now) was done by tattagreis, so it's a little different. But don't blame him - I did it my own way just because I can be... particular about some details. :)

Anyway, I can pretty much guarantee that any that I release will follow that structure.

This is awesome.

Do you think this will work without adjustment with RSS or, more specifically, 6.4x Kerbin config for RSS?

Test it and let me know! I actually was thinking about it the other day - the only thing I could think of that would be off is the initial Kerbin Relay contract - it asks to put your 3 satellites above 600km periapsis. I assume for 6.4x Kerbin the appropriate number would be 3840km. But that won't break anything - just give you bad information. Let me know if there's anything else that comes up. For the ApA issue I may be able to easily solve with a ModuleManager patch that I can include.

- - - Updated - - -

Here you go, give this a try:

@CONTRACT_TYPE
[*]{
@PARAMETER
[*]
{
@PARAMETER
[*]:HAS[#type[Orbit]]
{
@minApA *= 6.4
@maxApA *= 6.4
@minPeA *= 6.4
@maxPeA *= 6.4
}
}
}

Or download the file from GitHub. I won't include it in the main download, because I can't see a way to differentiate between RSS 10x, 6.4x, etc. If I can figure it out and clean it up a bit I will add it to the release so it gets automatically applied, but this should do for now.

- - - Updated - - -

And a quick bugfix release. Download it here.

ContractPack-RemoteTech 1.0.1

• Fixed KerbolSat mission so that it can't be completed by only one KerbolSat.

Awesome work!

But please, keep a manual install option. Many users do not use CKAN (including me), and many never will (again, including me - I prefer to manage my mods manually).

I agree, this is a great piece that I didn't realize was missing from my game.

I also agree about CKAN. My first taste of it was people coming into the threads of my favorite mods, all "CKAN? CKAN?" and I ended up with a mental image of those seagulls from Finding Nemo.

Anyway, the instructions behind the spoiler link are fine, but I'd suggest pointing folks at the Contract Configurator thread (as you did for the other two dependencies) instead of directly at the Github link. (Hey, maybe they will want the SCANSat pack too!)

I agree, this is a great piece that I didn't realize was missing from my game.

I also agree about CKAN. My first taste of it was people coming into the threads of my favorite mods, all "CKAN? CKAN?" and I ended up with a mental image of those seagulls from Finding Nemo.

Anyway, the instructions behind the spoiler link are fine, but I'd suggest pointing folks at the Contract Configurator thread (as you did for the other two dependencies) instead of directly at the Github link. (Hey, maybe they will want the SCANSat pack too!)

Good point - the link now goes to the Contract Configurator thread.

A small suggestion, although it probably will have to be implemented on configurator's side.

Can you include some checks, like disable "basic" contracts in case if user installed this pack on the save that already has some comm systems in place? Like me - I have three "comm rings" around Kerbin (150km, 1000km, KSO) and I don't see any point in establishing another ring...

A small suggestion, although it probably will have to be implemented on configurator's side.

Can you include some checks, like disable "basic" contracts in case if user installed this pack on the save that already has some comm systems in place? Like me - I have three "comm rings" around Kerbin (150km, 1000km, KSO) and I don't see any point in establishing another ring...

Very much supported by Contract Configurator, and very much implemented in this contract pack. Here's a very brief summary of the pre-requisites for a contract to show up:

1. Initial relay - <70% coverage of Kerbin OR does not yet have an antenna pointed at active vessel
  2. Mun/Minus - >70% coverage of Kerbin AND <70% coverage of Mun/Minmus
  3. Inner Systems Sat - <20% coverage of [Moho & Eve & Duna]
  4. Outer Systems Sat - <20% coverage of [Jool & Dres & Eeloo]
  5. Everything Sat - <20% coverage of [Moho OR Eve OR Duna OR Jool OR Dres OR Eeloo]
  6. Specific Planet Relay - 20-70% coverage of that planet (ie. have a dish with range pointed at it)
  7. Specific Moon Relay - 70-100% coverage of the parent body, 0-70% coverage of that moon
  8. Jool Relay - 20-70% coverage of anything in the Jool system.

In additional, you need the appropriate tech unlocked (probe cores + power) as well as an appropriate dish (ie. you can't get a Jool contract without a giga range dish).

Hmm, alright then. I've got "Initial relay" contract only once, cancelled it, and it never resurfaced again, so I guess it works.

Also, not sure if it's intended or just an oversight: "Inner planets" contract is Trivial, while Mun contract is Significant, and the former offer a smaller reward than the latter.

Hmm, alright then. I've got "Initial relay" contract only once, cancelled it, and it never resurfaced again, so I guess it works.

Also, not sure if it's intended or just an oversight: "Inner planets" contract is Trivial, while Mun contract is Significant, and the former offer a smaller reward than the latter.

To meet inner planets you can launch one satellite in Kerbin orbit and point it at Duna. To meet Mun coverage you need something that will cover the far side of the Mun. Which means getting 1-3 satellites in Mun orbit (or near Mun orbit). Higher dv requirement, and either multiple satellites or very clever design.

But there may be some cases that the rewards need balancing - so I'm open to this type of feedback. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.