[1.1.3] Procedural Parts - Parts the way you want 'em - v1.2.5 July 3

OtherBarry

15 minutes ago, darthgently said:

I think this reflects the cost of one-off manufacturing.  If you want a tank that is exactly the same shape and dimension as an existing non-PP tank, then it makes sense a budget minded player would just use the existing tank.  One thing I'd like to see is that the more a particular dimensioned one-off tank is used, the cheaper it gets.  Especially after the first use, as this would reflect that the re-tooling and design shake out has already been paid or and as it is used more economies of scale kick in.  I'd like to see an option to "compile" a procedural tank to a static .cfg file such that it would no longer be procedural, but a normal tank, but with dimensions not existing in the normal selections.  This compilation would require a one-time tooling and design fee or something like that

That part with manufacturing cost I would understand, but it does not explain why is also the fuel in the tanks more expensive

47 minutes ago, Baker_02 said:

That part with manufacturing cost I would understand, but it does not explain why is also the fuel in the tanks more expensive

Lol, never noticed that!  I imagine it might be because the costs are confounded in the code or something and hard to separate by a modder, but that really doesn't make sense to me either.  Good point

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Perhaps I am a fool, but i am unable to locate any procedural fuel tank, but the other procedural parts are all there, i have already tried reinstalling the mod, and i am using the latest version of KSP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.