Too buggy to play

Hello all,

I've been playing KSP for 2-3 weeks now and generally there seems to be so many bugs. The program keeps crashing even though I'm running stock or only with MechJeb2

Also, after a while with every save game I can't press on the VAB or some of the facilities. Sometimes I can click into it and then I can't press close. If I press close nothing happens.

Here is a debug report from the latest round.

[Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

That will keep appearing on my Debug report.

Also sometimes when I press recover vessel nothing happens.

[Warning]: BorderedTilingSpriteMesh: Mesh has 300 or more vertices and might not be dynamically batched!

This also appears along with:

[Warning]: [HighLogic] =========== Scene Change : From MAINMENU to SPACECENTER [Async] ======

When these stuff happens the save game becomes pretty much useless and I have to start a new career mode.

Playing on Macbook Pro late 2011 with 16gb of RAM.

Are you using 32 or 64 bit KSP? If it's 32, then that is pretty strange, and maybe some of your mods are causing the problem, but if you're running 64 bit KSP then that's to be expected (and loathed by everyone). 64 bit is very new, and Unity doesn't seem to like that, either.

Warning]: [HighLogic] =========== Scene Change : From MAINMENU to SPACECENTER [Async] ======,

[Warning]: BorderedTilingSpriteMesh: Mesh has 300 or more vertices and might not be dynamically batched!

do not really matter.

Hi. Moving this to the (unmodded) support forum, as it's a support request/bug report.

The problem also may depend on how you're running the game. There may be some OS X users here who have had similar problems. If you're running with Windows, then as previous people here have mentioned, the Windows x64 edition is horrifically buggy and really shouldn't be used. Unless you absolutely need the ability for the game to access more than ~3.7GB or so of RAM, stick with 32 bit. OS X has no 64 bit edition, so if you do want to go overboard with mods and use tons of RAM with your game, use Linux x64, as that's a lot more stable.

You should be able to edit the thread and put a prefix up to say what OS you want support with. If not, I or another moderator certainly can, so long as we know what OS you're using!

Edited by technicalfool

I've been having similar issues on Mac OSX (version 0.90, stock plus Procedural Fairings). Out in space everything seems to work fine with only an occasional crash, but when I'm in the Vehicle Assembly Building the game seems to freeze up completely, requiring a force-quit, every five or ten minutes. Sometimes I can't even get into the building.

In 0.25 I had dozens of outposts and stations and satellites running at once; now I only have eight active missions because building a new one is such a huge pain. The vehicle design portion of the game is nearly unplayable in its current state and I have no idea why.

• 1 month later...

I have similar problems. I run window's 7 64 bit, on steam of course. This game is buggy as sh*t. It pisses me off when overzealous fans respond to posts like these and suggest that all problems are the fault of the users. It's not. The game is effing buggy. I would LOVE to love this game. But it just doesn't plain work right.

You guys know KSP is still Early Access, right? And that huge amounts of bugs are being fixed for full release? Yes, the stock game is very buggy, but Squad knows this. There's a few plugins around that fix some of the major ones, but really, you shouldn't expect 0 bugs in a game that hasn't fully been released yet...

I am chiming in on the strength of the thread title. Today I have had 3 CTDs due to mousing over missions & resources buttons in quick succession in space flight after docking a ship to debris via claw, and one spontaneous ship explosion due to timewarp in hard career mode. It really is too buggy to play for me today.

Saying that, its not usually this bad and I hope there are some bug fixes in the next update and also Unity may have something to answer for but I just wanted to report my woes to encourage prioritising bug fixing. I have been playing long enough to know that patience is rewarded.

• 1 year later...

I was hoping this game would get less buggy as it goes. Does the team not have enough money for tests? Because I swear this is just getting worse. It now freezes my pc on every odd start of the 32-bit version.

12 hours ago, metabee said:

I was hoping this game would get less buggy as it goes.

Old thread is old.

But the migration of the game engine to Unity 5 has brought up new bugs, both with KSP and with Unity. So we're in the process of wringing out the new ones and getting things more stable. There also seems to be an (unfortunately) unpredictable bug, which has been causing consistent crashes for some folks but not for others. We are in the process of trying to track that one down.

But I'm going to close this one for now, so as not to confuse the issue (since it contains outdated info).

Cheers,
~Claw