taniwha

Members
  • Content Count

    3,599
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by taniwha

  1. @Lisias: I disagree. I find it to be far better for these problems to rear their ugly heads as soon as possible, so masking over them with such bandaids is counter productive. It's for this reason my mods (in particular, EL) almost never catch exceptions: one of I've done something wrong and need to know, the mod triggering the exception is doing something wrong and needs to be fixed (thus I need to know so I can pass the info on to the relevant developer), or the mod is doing things right but not in the unusual context I've created (thus the ref to EL) and I need to know. Although deciding between the latter two cases can be difficult, I would far rather get a pile of reports that "EL is broken" than complaints of things mysteriously failing to do anything. Anyway, if a part's mass is 0 (let alone the entire vessel's mass), or negative masses are present, really weird things will happen whether FAR tries to mask them or not. It's just not worth cluttering up the code making it harder to read and slower. Rhinodaemons.
  2. A bit of an update. Thanks in part to poking at Smoke Screen's code and the Unity docs, and a lot of real poking at Kethane's particle code (never really took the time before), it turns out the translation won't be overly bad: I've found all the fields and math tweaks I think I need, so now it's just sorting out the implementation details.
  3. Ah, yes, I will do so. Thank you. I"ve fixed the copy on my server, I'll sort out the copy in git later.
  4. While I have been able to update my other mods without trouble, Kethane will take a bit longer as I need to update the particle code (the legacy particle system has been removed).
  5. I have released version 6.7.0 of Extraplanetary Launchpads. Changes from 6.6.2: Update for KSP 1.8.1 Fix an NRE on the disposable pad when no available root part nodes are found.
  6. No, just dynamic IPed, both external and internal (my last attempt to make the internal IP static failed miserably, darn Japanese modems). The external IP issue was sorted on the 14th, and the internal one partially, but I had forgotten that http was separated from everything else and I needed to update that address too. I'm in western Japan and this year's big typhoon hit eastern Japan pretty hard, so I and mine got off lightly (feel for those in the east, though).
  7. I have released version 0.6.0 of Survey Transponder. The only change is to update to KSP 1.8
  8. I have released version 1.3.0 of Talisar Parts. The only change is to update for KSP 1.8
  9. I've released version 5.13.0 of MFT, many thanks to Arthur Peters (@ArthurP, I think). Note: my testing was pretty minimal, but things seem to work.
  10. I have released version 3.1.0 of KerbalStats. Only change is to update to KSP 1.8
  11. I heave released version 0.2.0 of Early Bird. The only change is to update for KSP 1.8.
  12. This should be good for 1.8 as there is no code in the mod and it's one (soft) dependency (Custom Bulkhead Profiles) has been updated for 1.8.
  13. I have released version 0.2.0 of Custom Bulkhead Profiles, updated for KSP 1.8[.1]. The only change is tweaking the build system.
  14. I have released version 1.1.0 of CircBurn. The only change is to update the build for KSP 1.8[.1].
  15. I have released version 0.2.0 of Advanced Input, updated for KSP 1.8 (built and tested against 1.8.1). Changes from 0.1.0: Updated build etc for KSP 1.8 Support for axis groups (feeds directly to the system). Range check axis recipe axis number
  16. Sorry, guys, but I've been very busy and will continue to be very busy for the next little while. I hope to get some time to update my mods soon.
  17. Yeah, been busy with work and life, so haven't been able to catch up to 1.8 yet. Unless I get really lucky, it looks like I'll have plenty of time again soon
  18. Don't worry about RF unless you want to support RF. It looks like you can use -1 for the basemass to tell MF to leave the part's mass alone.
  19. It's more that the code is heavily shared: RF uses MFT's tank code plus some extra bits. And then a whole pile of complex configs (all in the same repo, but built and released separately).
  20. Because MFT sets the tank mass, potentially per-resource (Real Fuels is just MFT with some extra stuff like ulage and boiloff). I'd have to go through the code again. If you do the math, you'll find that the basemass is the part's dry mass. TBH, I don't particularly like the system, but ialdabaoth and maybe NathanKell did it up before I got involved so we're stuck with it, though there might be a way to tell MFT to just leave the tank mass alone (if not, maybe I should add one).
  21. It parses all of GameData cfg files for resource definitions (to get density and thus resource mass, but tnat's not actually used, probably why I never noticed the hard-coded KSP version), after that, it goes through all the part cfg files in the trees specified on the command line. But yeah, it then generates MM patches sent to stdout.
  22. Hmm, something you might want to look at is my mftgen.py script in cfgnode github repo. TBH, I too always forget how much of that stuff works.