The New Resource drill

John FX

Kind of confuse me at first, that new map. I couldn't figure out if orange has the higher concentration, or green is. Or are those two different resources?
I highly doubt we'll get more than one resource in stock; it's purely so you can refuel.

I dunno, the CRT-mode stuff doesn't look quite as nice to me as the dots. It's not terrible or anything but.. why are people preferring it?

Awesome! Wish all part were updated to such level.

That's a bit of a problem we're developing. The new Porkjet-y parts match the style of the stock bits (more or less), but are a LOT nicer looking >.<

The overlay has a few color choices as Max noted - the one you see is a heat map style and is probably the most vibrant of the stock ones ;)

The lines help in a few ways. First - intentionally reminiscent of TV scanlines for that retro look. Also - they don't obscure the ground, and are an extra bit to help out folks who can't distinguish colors as clearly.

repost:

While I'm glad you can change the colors, I really really really hope that you can also tone down the scan lines. That pattern is screwing with my eyes so hard. A different color scheme would certainly help, but the amount of optical dazzle generated from the lines is way too much.

cctv-lines.png

I can't look at it.

Side note - there are dials and such to help you customize the visual - i.e. if your world is covered in lines, you can narrow it down to high-concentration zones. It's actually pretty nice in-game, I miss it in my regular 0.90 save :/

@Greenfire - see above ;)

And worst case, I expect we'll continue to see mods that offer alternate visualizations

repost:

While I'm glad you can change the colors, I really really really hope that you can also tone down the scan lines. That pattern is screwing with my eyes so hard. A different color scheme would certainly help, but the amount of optical dazzle generated from the lines is way too much.

http://richardfarrar.com/downloads/cctv-lines.png

I can't look at it.

Ouch... thank you for the brain hemorrhage upon scrolling that.

And worst case, I expect we'll continue to see mods that offer alternate visualizations

Well, I hope we can get a mod for the ol' dot one. Not sure if that would help with Greenfire32's issue, but I really liked the look of that one. Dots are retro too, y'know. ;)

I like the drill. My only complaint is that it's a telescoping thing rather than a pipe-fed set-up so placement is an issue.

As for the resource map, I would prefer some sort of variable transparency that we can set rather than a bright scanline.

Nitpicking aside, I like the direction this is going in. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.