[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

It's unclear what the problem is at 2 and 7. Maybe try reading the manual. These sound like things KIS can do if done right. You need the screwdriver for stack attach and you can carry the connector port in the kerbal's inventory.

And the kerbal doing the attaching must be an engineer

!!! that must have been it, I must have forgotten to equip the power-wrench tool. It would have been helpful if it had a message "tool required" or something, it just didn't occur to me. =\

Edited by AlonzoTG

PROBLEM: I can't find a way to grab connectors and carry them with the kerbal like in the olden days so I have to land the ship practically right on top of the thing to recover.

AFAIK, you should be able to drag the connector into the Kerbal's own inventory. Of course, the Kerbal needs to be an engineer, and will need a tool, too.

Hey Kospy. Thank you once more for the endless effort put into this.

I've got a bug report, and I don't know how can I make this more helpful. The game has crashed twice now, after updating to KIS 1.2.1. Both crashes happened while moving something in the Inventory window, and since "KSP.exe stopped working", no crash reports were created. Although I looked at the output_log, I didn't find any crash reports there, so I was dumb not to copy the file before relaunching the game. Maybe next time.

Instead, here's a screenshot of the second crash. The first one happened while organizing items on an EVA kerbal inventory, in orbit.

A.D.E.P.T. 1.0

AdvancedAnimator 1.1.1

Brake Toggle 1.0

Contract Configurator 1.5.4

Contract Pack - Kerbin Space Station 2.1.1

Crew Queue 2.0

Crowd Sourced Science 3.0.1

DMagic Orbital Science 1.0.7

Firespitter Plugin 7.1.4

HyperEdit 1.4

KAS Portable Science Container 1.3.0

KAS 0.5.4

Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System 4.2

KIS 1.2.1

Klockheed Martian Gimbal 3.0.3.0

Klockheed Martian SSE 2.2.0

MechJeb 2.5.3.0

Mk2 Essentials 5

Module Manager 2.6.6

Muffler 1.0

NavBall Docking Alignment Indicator 7.0

OSE Workshop 0.9.6

Portrait Stats 3.0

Procedural Fairings 3.15

Protractor 2.5.1

RealChute 1.3.2.3

SCANsat 14.1

Smoke Screen 2.6.1.0

SpaceShuttle NoseCone 3.0

Stack Inline Lights 0.8

Station Science 1.5

Stock Bug Fix Modules 1.0.4b.2

SurveyTransponder 0.1.0

SXT for 1.0.4 - Master file

Toolbar 1.7.9

USI Life Support 0.1.3

Waypoint Manager 2.4.0

... Speaking of which, Is it a design choice not being able to fire the EVA propellant while grabbing parts on EVA? Sometimes my poor kerbals stumble on a part, while assembling something in orbit, and they find it pretty exhaustive to fly those parts back to their position. :)

Thanks!

Is there a 1.25m diameter KIS container that I am not seeing? The first one I see is the big box, and that doesn't match up with my poor little rockets.

Also, is it possible to a add a KIS container to a command pod? Perhaps my Module-Manager-fu is weak, but I was trying to add a little KIS container, just large enough to fit a tool in, to the mk1pod, and I have failed.

(Both of these are because I want to be able to send a tool to orbit without needing to send another Kerbal along with it.)

Hey Kospy. Thank you once more for the endless effort put into this.

I've got a bug report, and I don't know how can I make this more helpful. The game has crashed twice now, after updating to KIS 1.2.1. Both crashes happened while moving something in the Inventory window, and since "KSP.exe stopped working", no crash reports were created. Although I looked at the output_log, I didn't find any crash reports there, so I was dumb not to copy the file before relaunching the game. Maybe next time.

Instead, here's a screenshot of the second crash. The first one happened while organizing items on an EVA kerbal inventory, in orbit.

A.D.E.P.T. 1.0

AdvancedAnimator 1.1.1

Brake Toggle 1.0

Contract Configurator 1.5.4

Contract Pack - Kerbin Space Station 2.1.1

Crew Queue 2.0

Crowd Sourced Science 3.0.1

DMagic Orbital Science 1.0.7

Firespitter Plugin 7.1.4

HyperEdit 1.4

KAS Portable Science Container 1.3.0

KAS 0.5.4

Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System 4.2

KIS 1.2.1

Klockheed Martian Gimbal 3.0.3.0

Klockheed Martian SSE 2.2.0

MechJeb 2.5.3.0

Mk2 Essentials 5

Module Manager 2.6.6

Muffler 1.0

NavBall Docking Alignment Indicator 7.0

OSE Workshop 0.9.6

Portrait Stats 3.0

Procedural Fairings 3.15

Protractor 2.5.1

RealChute 1.3.2.3

SCANsat 14.1

Smoke Screen 2.6.1.0

SpaceShuttle NoseCone 3.0

Stack Inline Lights 0.8

Station Science 1.5

Stock Bug Fix Modules 1.0.4b.2

SurveyTransponder 0.1.0

SXT for 1.0.4 - Master file

Toolbar 1.7.9

USI Life Support 0.1.3

Waypoint Manager 2.4.0

... Speaking of which, Is it a design choice not being able to fire the EVA propellant while grabbing parts on EVA? Sometimes my poor kerbals stumble on a part, while assembling something in orbit, and they find it pretty exhaustive to fly those parts back to their position. :)

Thanks!

You know with as many mods as you are using... It could be a memory issue. 32bit isn't as capable as 64bit with the kitchen sink mod mentallity ;) Now when you get that error message do you give it a second? I've had that show up and then if you wait 5 seconds it will usually go away on its own.

Conventionally enough, I've had the game open for some good time, and loaded a bunch of crafts before both crashes happened. So, the memory issue possibility did come through my mind. But the "crash-from-memory-limit" for 32bit is different. It actually shows a KSP custom crash message, and a log folder is created. None of this is the case.

And yes, I've waited about a minute in both situations. :)

Conventionally enough, I've had the game open for some good time, and loaded a bunch of crafts before both crashes happened. So, the memory issue possibility did come through my mind. But the "crash-from-memory-limit" for 32bit is different. It actually shows a KSP custom crash message, and a log folder is created. None of this is the case.

And yes, I've waited about a minute in both situations. :)

Really? Cause I have had the game crash due to running out of memory plenty and never did I get a message.

This is my first time trying KIS and it just isn't working right. Inventories are fine and I can drag and drop objects from the inventory but I can't seem to attach anything or grab any objects that have been dropped. I've tried with screwdriver and wrench. I've tried various combinations of pressing and holding x/h/g along with mouse buttons. I've tried disabling all other mods. I've tried using various different objects to attach. Nothing works.

When I try to attach a part, the log shows:

[Log]: [KIS] StartPointer(pointer)

[Log]: [KIS] Surface node set to default

[Log]: [KIS] Cancel key pressed, stop eva attach mode

[Log]: [KIS] StopPointer(pointer)

And when I try to pick up a dropped part:

[Log]: [KIS] StartPointer(pointer)

[Log]: [KIS] Surface node set to default

[Log]: [KIS] Create & drop part

[Error]: Actor::setLinearVelocity: Actor must be (non-kinematic) dynamic!

[Error]: Actor::setAngularVelocity: Actor must be (non-kinematic) dynamic!

[Log]: [KIS] StopPointer(pointer)

Any ideas?

This is my first time trying KIS and it just isn't working right. Inventories are fine and I can drag and drop objects from the inventory but I can't seem to attach anything or grab any objects that have been dropped. I've tried with screwdriver and wrench. I've tried various combinations of pressing and holding x/h/g along with mouse buttons. I've tried disabling all other mods. I've tried using various different objects to attach. Nothing works.

have you tried watching a video to make sure you are doing it right? Try this one. https://youtu.be/PewYSK1Ix3A

Also are you using an engineer? Is the tool equipped?

have you tried watching a video to make sure you are doing it right? Try this one. https://youtu.be/PewYSK1Ix3A

Also are you using an engineer? Is the tool equipped?

Yes to all of the above. But I have solved the problem laterally... I plugged a mouse into my laptop instead of using the touchpad like usual. Now it works perfectly. Looks like my touchpad doesn't register mouse clicks while I'm holding down a key on the board. But KIS is working just fine

Mod can add new buttons like "Eva Items" in the editor.

Question: Is it possible to make this function only, and separately? It may be only one .dll... maybe.

Then the user can decide to add categories in the .cfg file like

NEW_KATEGORY

{

name = elecricParts

title = Electric

icon = elecricParts.png //image in that folder, near the .cfg

}

NEW_KATEGORY

{

name = parachuteSystems

title = Parachutes

icon = Squad/Icons/MyIcon/Parachute.png // image in the specified folder

}

==================== Example =================

PART

{

name = mk16Parachute

category = parachuteSystems

}

And compile it to 1.0+ / 1.0.2+ ;)

Thanks.

Geez, the movie isn't even out yet and "Watney'd" is a verb?

I have a request. Is there a way for the user to re-map the keyboard controls? I currently use hnijkl for the eva jetpack, since I use those keys for the same purposes when moving vehicles with rcs. I can't have my kerbals removing their helmet when I want them to move left.

Well, to be fair, the book has been out for a year. Plus, Watney is awesome. Let the verbing commence.

It's very easy to feel like Mark with this mod...

I have a request. Is there a way for the user to re-map the keyboard controls? I currently use hnijkl for the eva jetpack, since I use those keys for the same purposes when moving vehicles with rcs. I can't have my kerbals removing their helmet when I want them to move left.

Look in the settings file. I believe that is where the keys are designated. If not look at the KIS wiki on github.

I suspect I'm missing the flippin' obvious somewhere, but even having read the KIS manual I haven't managed to work this out yet: how do you release an anchor that you've fired from a winch from the ground? I didn't really understand what the three options given when one grabs the anchor is, tried one at random and simply managed to detach the anchor from the winch cable. What should I have done to detach the anchor from the terrain so that the cable could then be retracted with the anchor still attached?

It's very easy to feel like Mark with this mod...

I confirm this.

I suspect I'm missing the flippin' obvious somewhere, but even having read the KIS manual I haven't managed to work this out yet: how do you release an anchor that you've fired from a winch from the ground? I didn't really understand what the three options given when one grabs the anchor is, tried one at random and simply managed to detach the anchor from the winch cable. What should I have done to detach the anchor from the terrain so that the cable could then be retracted with the anchor still attached?

I haven't played much with anchors and harpoons, but shouldn't you be able to pick it up when on EVA? Hold G and place it somewhere else or put it in your inverntory.

Edited by Veeltch

Try the "detach" option in the Winch GUI. The GUI can be opened by right clicking the winch and selecting the right option or by pressing "p". I've only used the grappling hook but I think the functionality is similar.

Try the "detach" option in the Winch GUI. The GUI can be opened by right clicking the winch and selecting the right option or by pressing "p". I've only used the grappling hook but I think the functionality is similar.

There's no detach option. Sorry, but thios needs someone who definitely knows how to use the anchor properly to respond; thanks for trying to help though!