New IVAs for 1.0

frizzank

Besides IVA's, what else was put out during the squadcast?

Max seemed to indicate that the feature (one of the features?) they are thinking of out of 1.0 is the delta-v display.

That's the only thing I can recall other than the IVA's.

Happy landings!

I'd like to see all the parts have their size bumped up a few % as they are rebalancing anyway. The devs should take a kerbal in a helmet, and bump all parts bigger until they can fit through the hatch. That or slightly shrink the helmets just until they fit. It's a TINY change, but I'd like to see it. Those cabin IVA should have helmets someplace, at least a couple.

That bug is fixed in the final version. I just didn't update the screenshot.

I noticed the water pipe runs into the oxygen pipe on the other floor and the oxygen pipe runs into the water pipe. Was this an intentional kerbal error? I think because the floors appear to have been flipped.

All the IVAs look fantastic by the way.

I really like these new IVAs, but the lab doesn't look so much like a lab as it does a logistics module. Don't get me wrong, I do like it, but I think something along the lines of this (bottom picture on the linked post) would be more suited to the purpose.

Nice work, though :)

That horizontal IVA is pretty cool too (EDIT: Ven stated he hates it, lol)...I'm still hoping maybe two Science Lab parts in the future, one vertical for Skylab style orbital labs, and one with a horizontal IVA like in that picture for surface ops. I'm no coder, but I imagine it wouldn't be that much more memory usage since they both share external part geometry and textures. They might need part-specific arrows on the outside saying: "this side up" :sticktongue:

Edited by Raptor9

Oh my goodness that is looking fantastic. Detail in all of them is brilliant. I am drooling.

Hoping its going to have working screens a bit like RPM.

At least if theres some functionality it would make it more fun, but those cockpits are looking beast.

Great job!

It's practically begging for free-floating and free-walking IVAs.

And stock RPM support. With ability to be configured for addon support, like current RPM.

hey I'm at school right now and it says that the images are blocked because they're imgur anyway to get around that besides waiting until I'm at my place? id really like to see then since they're being praised right now.

Hello,

Kool schtuff here...I hope to get RPM working as it is my last priority on my KSP SIM list...oh ya...SIMMING is what it is all about here...but I need to work on some ideas to keep it real for me gamewise too as I have a certain way to attain orbit.

Last priority meaning that it is on my priority list !! RPM etc...

Cmdr Zeta

They are all so good that little details in them jump out and annoy me....

Like why do all the passengers have flight controls?

Could they get Screens on the back of the seat in front so they can play KSP on long flights?

And where do they keep their helmets in easy reach if someones goes EVA out the hatch?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.