Official 1.0 MEGA Hype Thread!

kenbobo

No. If they're starting a countdown, it's gotta be a week or less. If you start the countdown to early, people can get frustrated.

Also, previous experimentals only lasted a week or so. They said this one would be bigger. If they release it next week, it will be 2 weeks of experimentals.

No. If they're starting a countdown, it's gotta be a week or less. If you start the countdown to early, people can get frustrated.

Also, previous experimentals only lasted a week or so. They said this one would be bigger. If they release it next week, it will be 2 weeks of experimentals.

Not to mention the several weeks before that Harv and others have said they've been doing a lot of bug fixing on the side too.

I'M HYPED!

Huh... I'd previously pegged 1.0 to be released sometime in May, but if the devs are starting some sort of countdown already I guess we might get it before the end of April. :)

So, if this countdown is to the release of 1.0, the highest I'm willing to go on days until it's out is 10 days from the start of the countdown. Just my opinion though. And I'm seriously freaking hyped to get to play 1.0 in the very near future. Too bad I'll kinda have to scrap my current series on YouTube then though. That "hard mode" career was kinda fun.

So, if this countdown is to the release of 1.0, the highest I'm willing to go on days until it's out is 10 days from the start of the countdown. Just my opinion though. And I'm seriously freaking hyped to get to play 1.0 in the very near future. Too bad I'll kinda have to scrap my current series on YouTube then though. That "hard mode" career was kinda fun.

Don't think I could do hard mode. Can you do reverts? I learn through trial-and-error so not being able to revert would kill me. Quick save I could do, usually because I always forget to do it anyways, but reverts...nope.

I have a new speculation! :P I speculate that April 21st will be release day. Why? Because it's within a week of the announcement, and they seem to prefer to release on Tuesdays to get out of having to write dev notes.

#KerbalCountdown

Yay! An official countdown starting later today?! Awesome...

But that means - (ahem... please forgive in advance...)

OHMYGODTHEREISN'TENOUGHTIMEINTHEWORLDTOFINISHMYTHREEPARTSCIENCETUTORIALSERIESFORKERBALSPACEPROGRAMCALLEDKORBITALMECHANICSWHICHEXPLAINSHOWTOUSEKEPLER'STHREELAWSOFPLANETARYMOTIONTODOCOOLSTUFFINKERBALSPACEPROGRAMWHICHWILLBEVERYUSEFULTOALLTHENEWPLAYERSCOMINGONBOARDFORTHEFIRSTTIMEUPONRELEASE!

*is hyped - but under serious time pressure*

If we go on the basis of a countdown being number of days till launch, I would think a countdown from either 10 or 5 is likely. More than that is a bit too far off to kick things into this high a gear. 10 days from now is Sunday 26th, which strikes me as an unlikely day for release. 5 days from now is Tuesday 21st. Tuesdays are more typical of the previous releases, so my money is on that as a release day.

5 days seems a tad soon. Not complaining but I would expect this release to take a lot of extra time. Though if harv is spending his time doing lots of little tweaks like he seems to be doing then maybe things are almost ready and hes looking for things to do.

5 days seems a tad soon. Not complaining but I would expect this release to take a lot of extra time. Though if harv is spending his time doing lots of little tweaks like he seems to be doing then maybe things are almost ready and hes looking for things to do.

I too would like to see the game properly finished, but I don't see how they can start a countdown and then wait two weeks. Oh wait, that is very similar to what have done previously.

How is the HypeTrain gonna handle a countdown? I feel like so much of the hype in the past was speculation about when the release would drop. It's either really going to get amped up or let out the fizzle.

I am super hyped now, no more weekly disappointment of a release earlier than expected (I always get my hopes up even though I know it won't get released). Choo choo!

I can't wait for 1.0 because then at least the support in the support section will be better as it's more or less 'can't do anything about it' because lots of things fixed in 1.0 and all that.

/end minirant due to bit of frustration over having issues while docking using a large ship, or just docking really, something with the 2.5km load zone

I suspect the HypeSteam buildup will be quick and intense. Much of the pressure seems to have been diverted to the Round 8 fiasco situation.

It seems likely that it will promptly be redirected here.

Happy landings!