Imperial Star Destroyer from Star Wars

Wow, such detail. Have you considered welding it together?

Yes I already welded it and changed some details, you can see it in the imgur album. The FPS have more than doubled, still it's laggy at some points.

Edited by Vanamonde

Looks great, but needs more struts! I used gravity hack to keep it from falling to the ground when launching. When firing the engines, the ship comes apart at the seems!

I also used HyperEdit to place it in orbit. Looks cool, but still falls apart if the engines are fired.

Looks great, but needs more struts! I used gravity hack to keep it from falling to the ground when launching. When firing the engines, the ship comes apart at the seems!

I also used HyperEdit to place it in orbit. Looks cool, but still falls apart if the engines are fired.

I know, but I welded the craft. So the struts would be redundant.

There is no way to play with it (unwelded) with a bearable framerate. And struts would just increase the part count. So I just left them out, don't need them with the welding mod.

Nice, but my hard limit for anything ill even try to spawn is 1500, and 500 is my absolute limit for enjoyeability (as its no fun to not have a formation of capital ships, if im gonna make 1 ship, id like to have 4+ of them nearby in formation, do you know what 10000 parts will do when spawned in teh same area?! :D).

Anyways, its one of the best replicas ive seen (and ur defenetely not the 1st to make star destroyer, but yours looks ALOT more like the stuff in star wars then most other replicas.

Btw, DOES THIS FLY? If you can manage to get this into orbit (or even move it) without Hedit, ill be amazed.

darn, I was going to build something like this, about that part count too. Nice job. I feel like i've been replaced...

And no one replaced my naval warships. :(

It's a dead art.

yfBxgG4.png

J7oMvyk.png

I quit just as the ships were reaching the speeds of their real counterparts.

Edited by andrew123

I build a 2300 stock parts Imperial Star Destroyer II-Class from Star Wars. I made it as accurate as possible with the stock parts.

Download the craft

Low FPS Warning! I got max 12 FPS. Have Fun!

http://i.imgur.com/K5mvwWi.jpg

Full album

A little crash test video of the ship:

Please….please do a Kerbal reenactment of the scene from Star Wars Force Unleashed where Galen Marek brings down the Imperial I Class Star Destroyer on Raxus Prime

Please….please do a Kerbal reenactment of the scene from Star Wars Force Unleashed where Galen Marek brings down the Imperial I Class Star Destroyer on Raxus Prime

I tried, but the game always crashed when I tried to make such a huge crash. This was the best I could do.

I tried, but the game always crashed when I tried to make such a huge crash. This was the best I could do.

Lol alright and good job btw

Also your latest random compilation came out on my Birthday so thanks for the gift

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.