1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

15 hours ago, alaykitty said:

Receiving the similarly mentioned bug about time warping as well.  Part points at seemingly a fixed origin angle afterwards.

Reproduction steps:

1. Launch Craft
  2. Time Warp (not physics speedup)
  3. Move robotic part.

Workaround is go to tracking station before and time warp there.

I appreciate the hard work on this mod Ziw :)

It's how it happened to me last time:

Vessel OSS3 was sent to Eve, but was still in Kerbin SOI, nearing SOI change.

Meanwhile, I took a contract and was managing new satellite, maneuvering it into orbit like 10000km x 10000km.

It was active craft all the time and, sometimes, I used high time warp.

When OSS3 was near SOI change (~15 minutes before), I switched to OSS3 to inspect it and wait through SOI change with no timewarp - it's my usual measure to keep IR from drifting.

After inspecting OSS3 I just had to revert to named quicksave before it left Kebin orbit - everything was in disarray.

Actually, I never seen IR parts to drift while vessel is active, timewarp or not.

Another idea:

Big vessels are not rigid, they flex a little.

May be, on craft unload, stock and IR have different ideas about positions of all the parts: flexed vs ideal? After few load-unload cycles, it becomes noticeable. May be, while drift timewarp bugfix trying to fix one bug, it introduces another?

It's never been like this: I used timewarp and vessel looks askew. It's like this - I switched to other vessel or KSC, may be used timewarp, returned to first vessel and it loaded deformed.

Actually, it was bad idea to load vessel on Kerbol orbit directly from KSC - I switched to vessel in low Kerbol orbit first (old comms sat), and then to vessel in Kerbol orbit - it used (before KSP 1.2) to be an efficient method to stop your IR-enabled vessels from turning into part clouds.

14 hours ago, SpaceastronautX said:

Well I had an test and it appeard the subassembly icon but wwhen I clicked there, there was no part!

Have you installed part pack at all ? I wrote order of install on previous pages. Links for exact download files are still missing, but it is not too hard to find.
Latest IR 2.0.8 contains only plugin until all bugs are sorted out, so you need part pack from older IR release, but latest available IR core plugin.

52 minutes ago, PieBue said:

Hi everyone, after posting in the wrong thread

Hello everyone. After posting in the wrong topic I try again.
Using IR for a test I encountered some problems.
Parts @pistons don't move right, like they do in editor.
I made a little vid to explain my problems.

IR-V: 2.0.2+Warp-Patch (couldn't find mentioned 2.0.5)
KSP: 1.2.2
Also using Kerbal Joint Reinforcement.

Please watch and come up with an idea, thanks.

Answer is literaly one post above yours.

12 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

Have you installed part pack at all ? I wrote order of install on previous pages. Links for exact download files are still missing, but it is not too hard to find.
Latest IR 2.0.8 contains only plugin until all bugs are sorted out, so you need part pack from older IR release, but latest available IR core plugin.

Answer is literaly one post above yours.

So I download the Old parts (version 1.1.3) and then the IR, Right?

Edited by SpaceastronautX
"dwoland" I put instead of Download

1 hour ago, PieBue said:

Hi everyone, after posting in the wrong thread

Hello everyone. After posting in the wrong topic I try again.
Using IR for a test I encountered some problems.
Parts @pistons don't move right, like they do in editor.
I made a little vid to explain my problems.

IR-V: 2.0.2+Warp-Patch (couldn't find mentioned 2.0.5)
KSP: 1.2.2
Also using Kerbal Joint Reinforcement.

Please watch and come up with an idea, thanks.

[VidSnip]

Go into the debug menu [Alt]+[F12] and visualize the autostruts. Autostruts are automatically set from the wheels to the heaviest part impeding all movement between them.
I am pretty sure there are autostruts between your tracks and your cockpit (or a part very near to it) that prevent you from raising and lowering your crane.

Autostruts are evil. They are the spawn of the devil. Use them with extreme caution and prejudice.

Edited by Tex_NL

28 minutes ago, Tex_NL said:

Go into the debug menu [Alt]+[F12] and visualize the autostruts. Autostruts are automatically set from the wheels to the heaviest part impeding all movement between them.
I am pretty sure there are autostruts between your tracks and your cockpit (or a part very near to it) that prevent you from raising and lowering your crane.

Autostruts are evil. They are the spawn of the devil. Use them with extreme caution and prejudice.

Sorry don't find the option in menue. could you please be more exact. Where exactly do I find the option to vizual autostruts?
A root or a picture would me nice.
----

Found the option...KSP don't show autostruts at the crane but at Fokker Dr.Is
autostruts1.jpg

autostruts2.jpg

Edited by PieBue

4 minutes ago, PieBue said:

Sorry don't find the option in menue. could you please be more exact. Where exactly do I find the option to vizual autostruts?
A root or a picture would me nice.

[Alt]+[F12] to open the debug menu
Click Physics in the left hand menu.
Tick the box that says Visualize Autostruts.

The orange lines that appear are the autostruts. Right click a part the enable or disable an autostrut but keep in mind that for wheels autostruts can never be disabled.

I had a little talk within the KJR-Topic.

They said KJR-usage for IR-Parts should be disabled by config) please see the qoute.

17 hours ago, blowfish said:

Parts with certain modules are disabled by this file: https://github.com/ferram4/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement/blob/master/GameData/KerbalJointReinforcement/Plugin/PluginData/KerbalJointReinforcement/config.xml#L30

I think MuMechToggle is supposed to exclude IR, maybe IR changed at some point and that needs to be updated.

So are there some changes made in the IR-Code?
Better would be a compatibility-patch instead of deactivating KJR for IR.
I had problems (in earlier Versions) with bad wobbling using IR-Parts.

Fix for the part drift!

@ZiwKerman ZiwKerman released this 4 minutes ago

BETA VERSION, USE WITH CAUTION

Get the parts here if you need them: https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.0/IR-LegacyParts.zip

Added a button on the IR parts to reset the Fixed Mesh position which should help fix already broken crafts, unless it was broken beyond repair.

Downloads

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.9/IR-2.0.9-Final-Core.zip

4 hours ago, PieBue said:

They said KJR-usage for IR-Parts should be disabled by config) please see the qoute.

The Module name is now ModuleIRServo, but MuMechToggle is an alias still

Edited by Ziw

3 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Hey Ziw, When you say part drift. Are you referring to the parts physically drifting appart and misaligning? Or the part presets moving after a time warp?

I thought the physical drift was handled in 2.0.8

It fixes the drift when you switch away from the vessel and then switch back, that was most noticeable on very high Sol orbits (around Eeloo). The bug was affecting all crafts though, the distance just made it easily noticeable without long timewarping.

I've also added a button on the IR parts to reset the Fixed Mesh position which should help fix already broken crafts, unless it was broken beyond repair.

Edited by Ziw

4 hours ago, Ziw said:

Fix for the part drift!

@ZiwKerman ZiwKerman released this 4 minutes ago

BETA VERSION, USE WITH CAUTION

Get the parts here if you need them: https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.0/IR-LegacyParts.zip

Did a quick test of the previous part I was having issue with, and the time warp bug seems to be fixed for that!  Great work and thank you so much!

5 hours ago, PieBue said:

You are fighting with different kind but yet similar animals(kraken) here.

MuMechToggle  - in KJR configs should recognize when IR parts and similar started/stoped animation and KJR should release stiffnes to allow them to move.

multiPartAttachNodeReinforcement - that is new feature in KJR - quite similar in behaviour as stock autostruts. It will create invisible strut from some other part to IR part that should be able to move on demand.

So, if you set multiPartAttachNodeReinforcement to zero, it means parts were no longer stiffened trough "autostruts", you need to add regular struts between parts to strength out your constructions.

Gallery with example of varialble geometry wings is good example how it is possible to strength out your craft design.
To be more specific, use stackable extendratrons instead of full sized, so you can put additional struts and still allow IR parts to move:

EbCuYBI.jpg

When properly designed, your crafts would still be strong enough despite using IR parts. Of course there is limits somewhere if you wish to create something with unreasonable size and weight, like this one:

BDKycTw.jpg

You have to find weak spots on your crafts and strength them out with regular struts and being careful that those won't limit IR parts to move.

4 hours ago, kcs123 said:

You are fighting with different kind but yet similar animals(kraken) here.

MuMechToggle  - in KJR configs should recognize when IR parts and similar started/stoped animation and KJR should release stiffnes to allow them to move.

multiPartAttachNodeReinforcement - that is new feature in KJR - quite similar in behaviour as stock autostruts. It will create invisible strut from some other part to IR part that should be able to move on demand.

So, if you set multiPartAttachNodeReinforcement to zero, it means parts were no longer stiffened trough "autostruts", you need to add regular struts between parts to strength out your constructions.

Gallery with example of varialble geometry wings is good example how it is possible to strength out your craft design.
To be more specific, use stackable extendratrons instead of full sized, so you can put additional struts and still allow IR parts to move:

I made that edit mentioned in previous posts to KJR config. should i undo that and KJR is happy with IR now?

48 minutes ago, Selrinn said:

I made that edit mentioned in previous posts to KJR config. should i undo that and KJR is happy with IR now?

No. If you unedit those, you will once again have no IR parts moving scenario. KJR stiff joints in many different way.
It was assumed that MuMechToggle is not respected in KJR regarding to allow IR parts to move. MuMechToggle is used to detect when IR part animation is triggered to release KJR stiffnes and when it is ended to turn on stiffnes, but now at different position of joint.

multiPartAttachNodeReinforcement do different thing. Closest way to described it is like stock autostrut, but not only to grandparent part it put autostruts to many other nearby parts, doesn't looking is it IR part or something else. multiPartAttachNodeReinforcement is not aware of MuMechToggle trigger and "autostrut" to closest part, regardless if it is IR part or not.

I was saying in previous post that once multiPartAttachNodeReinforcement is disbled, you need to put regular struts on strategic places of your construction. Not that you need to turn multiPartAttachNodeReinforcement on again.

Edited by kcs123

@Ziw

Results of testing:

New module 2.0.9, KSP 1.2.1,

+ all parts are old, looks like they absolutely the same as part DL link provided in update post.

+ no KJR, never used.

+ Tried to use "Show auto struts" to see sneaky struts sneaking into my craft, but no purple parts found. They supposed to be purple and visible with that option?

1) Switched to badly broken Sentinel Telescope sat in the Kerbol orbit. First impression: Absolute miracle - it looks fixed! Second impression: IR parts don't move. They issue hum, but not move. Clicked "Disengage lock" - timewarped a little to wait for data delay - nothing.

2) OSS2 - was moderately broken. Not fixed, "restore mesh" does nothing and parts don't move. Looks like locks are now engaged by default and stuck in "on" position.

3) Test stand - old design for satellite solar array tracking tests - IR Powered Hinge and IR washer - put it on the pad and...

(powered hinge with blue dots, not flat one)

All locks start engaged - and it's newly spawned craft, but from old design. But locks allow disengaging now.

Hinge looks flipped on the side. May be new DL link to old parts contains few fixes I missed?

Disengaged locks - working, but hinge looks ugly while flipped 90 degrees along the main rotation axes to the side.

"Restore mesh" does nothing.

4) Tried to recreate stand from scratch and stared to disassemble it in editor.

I managed to separate hinge while trying to detach it from truss. That's epic! :D Never happened before.

- Unable to reproduce again. Failed to take epic screenshot.

+Also hinge look right in the VAB but it was on the side on the Pad.

!!! Clicking "disengage lock" in the VAB flips hinge to the side.

!!! And it separates when I try to remove it AFTER that! Screen! And Imgur fails to load image...

Will put it into dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/02r23d4gvv8708i/screenshot144.png?dl=0

And now it's impossible to separate hinge base and structural strut...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5vdlk9uy6nmnffb/screenshot145.png?dl=0

- Again, hinge was looking ok in editor, but on it's side on the Pad, without even need to click "Disengage Lock"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5g9jy3vxhn9lkx5/screenshot146.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/er6u9zquhzeee5q/screenshot147.png?dl=0

- Attempt to click "Disengage Lock" in editor flips Hinge immediately.

- Looks like that hinge's base merges with part it attaches to even in editor and cannot be separated in editor. Is it intentional?

That's all for toda ... tonight.

2 minutes ago, WildLynx said:

@Ziw

Results of testing:

New module 2.0.9, KSP 1.2.1,

+ all parts are old, looks like they absolutely the same as part DL link provided in update post.

+ no KJR, never used.

+ Tried to use "Show auto struts" to see sneaky struts sneaking into my craft, but no purple parts found. They supposed to be purple and visible with that option?

1) Switched to badly broken Sentinel Telescope sat in the Kerbol orbit. First impression: Absolute miracle - it looks fixed! Second impression: IR parts don't move. They issue hum, but not move. Clicked "Disengage lock" - timewarped a little to wait for data delay - nothing.

2) OSS2 - was moderately broken. Not fixed, "restore mesh" does nothing and parts don't move. Looks like locks are now engaged by default and stuck in "on" position.

3) Test stand - old design for satellite solar array tracking tests - IR Powered Hinge and IR washer - put it on the pad and...

(powered hinge with blue dots, not flat one)

All locks start engaged - and it's newly spawned craft, but from old design. But locks allow disengaging now.

Hinge looks flipped on the side. May be new DL link to old parts contains few fixes I missed?

Disengaged locks - working, but hinge looks ugly while flipped 90 degrees along the main rotation axes to the side.

"Restore mesh" does nothing.

4) Tried to recreate stand from scratch and stared to disassemble it in editor.

I managed to separate hinge while trying to detach it from truss. That's epic! :D Never happened before.

- Unable to reproduce again. Failed to take epic screenshot.

+Also hinge look right in the VAB but it was on the side on the Pad.

!!! Clicking "disengage lock" in the VAB flips hinge to the side.

!!! And it separates when I try to remove it AFTER that! Screen! And Imgur fails to load image...

Will put it into dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/02r23d4gvv8708i/screenshot144.png?dl=0

And now it's impossible to separate hinge base and structural strut...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5vdlk9uy6nmnffb/screenshot145.png?dl=0

- Again, hinge was looking ok in editor, but on it's side on the Pad, without even need to click "Disengage Lock"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5g9jy3vxhn9lkx5/screenshot146.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/er6u9zquhzeee5q/screenshot147.png?dl=0

- Attempt to click "Disengage Lock" in editor flips Hinge immediately.

- Looks like that hinge's base merges with part it attaches to even in editor and cannot be separated in editor. Is it intentional?

That's all for toda ... tonight.

Hmm, very odd that you cannot move parts. Please  post a log from a short session from 1) only

I'll revert some changes to part attachment rules to fix the incorrect angle, I think I know where I made a small mistake.

Edited by Ziw

10 hours ago, WildLynx said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2h68570e22rh7o8/14dec2016.tar.gz?dl=0

Screen and logs.

Also, it may be it's Remote Tech interference. Interference. :D Servo Control window used to be bypassing the RT command delay restrictions...

Can you try this .dll (just replace the existing one): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9f5PHcywXQIQXJ0RHdaZWJQQWM/view?usp=sharing

4 hours ago, Probus said:

Sorry, I'm getting confused.  Is there a link to a full patched MSI Infernal Robotics?

There is a beta version, that kinda works for 1.2.2 but it has issues still.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.