Mk3.5 Parts

Devinci

I'm currently learning how to make addons for KSP and I've decided to make a bigger version (x3) of the MK3 parts. These will probably be more useful for RSS.

Parts:

Mk3.5 Cockpit

Mk3.5 Cargo Bay

Mk3.5 Fuselage Adapter

Planned:

More Fuselage parts

Crew Compartment

Docking port

IVA

Any other suggestions

I hope you like it so far. My modelling is not so good but I'm still learning!

(Updated, first images are more current versions)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

"If you can't see the images disable your adblock"

Edited by Devinci

Integrate a retractable clampotron into the top of the cockpit, also a passenger module would be nice

Thanks, I forgot about those. :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

WOW! Now we just need Mk0.5 parts! :wink: Or Mk 1337/ Mk 420 (sorry for those horrible jokes, I just couldn't resist)

Hahaha! I also hope it's not chosen already! Also if you have an idea of what the Mk0.5 would look like, please let me know so I can make it!!

Any suggestions

Quite a few, firstly i'd to say make the texture for the white bits lighter, and add a darkening effect after reentry once 1.0 comes out. Secondly, i want some kind of massive propeller (likely 1.875 meters) to power these, something like the NK-12 or the Wasp Major, seeing how all the other propeller mods would take ether clipping them together or using loads of them.

Quite a few, firstly i'd to say make the texture for the white bits lighter, and add a darkening effect after reentry once 1.0 comes out. Secondly, i want some kind of massive propeller (likely 1.875 meters) to power these, something like the NK-12 or the Wasp Major, seeing how all the other propeller mods would take ether clipping them together or using loads of them.

Thanks I'll keep these in mind.

Making the textures is probably the hardest part as I don't know if I should make them more like real life or stock ksp. There is just many looks you can go for.

Not to mention I just started using Gimp though I am good with photoshop it's a bit different.

Thanks I'll keep these in mind.

Making the textures is probably the hardest part as I don't know if I should make them more like real life or stock ksp. There is just many looks you can go for.

Not to mention I just started using Gimp though I am good with photoshop it's a bit different.

About the texture, try to get them about the same average shades as stock colors so that it mixes well, if your parts are a slightly different shade then the stock ones, it looks bad.

Also, i agree with billbobjebkirk, the windows are too big, (and the door is too, but not as much, only like 20%). I say to make them about half as tall, and separate them into more, smaller windows.

Those windows are WAY too big for a pod that size.

Yeah, I thought about that too!

- - - Updated - - -

About the texture, try to get them about the same average shades as stock colors so that it mixes well, if your parts are a slightly different shade then the stock ones, it looks bad.

Also, i agree with billbobjebkirk, the windows are too big, (and the door is too, but not as much, only like 20%). I say to make them about half as tall, and separate them into more, smaller windows.

You are right plus stock textures are somewhat easier to replicate.

This looks really great! Big parts are always fun :) An issue that you may have though is the scale of the IVA.. With a pod that huge, the seats you have made currently might be the size to fit two or three kerbals instead of one. You could probably even split the IVA into two or three floors. That would be neat :) I love the design so far though, keep it up!

This looks really great! Big parts are always fun :) An issue that you may have though is the scale of the IVA.. With a pod that huge, the seats you have made currently might be the size to fit two or three kerbals instead of one. You could probably even split the IVA into two or three floors. That would be neat :) I love the design so far though, keep it up!

Thanks for the feedback, I was thinking the same as well! I made them quickly to test out the looks but this cockpit may able to hold even more kerbals. :cool:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.