I wonder what game this guy was playing.. :) :)

ColKlonk

Hmm... Kurtjmac did a 12 year mission to Eeloo on youtube and forgot the antenna to send back the science... And as usual he took it with a laugh. So i bet, it must have been something more...critical... Like launching a 5.000 part ship at 2 fps and no time warp - with crash to desktop the moment, when the designated 15.000 km circular orbit was achieved...

Few years ago I had a CRT monitor which had some display issue. I had to hit it on the side to fix it. As I had to hit harder and harder to "fix" it, I managed to use a hammer.

But it did quite well for few more years, before the internal grid detached...

Being in England shooting things isn't a readily available option, and anyway, if I do ever get the urge to get violent towards my machine I just remember how much money I've invested in it.

But I once got totally agri-vated with a HP printer and took a John Deere tractor to it.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Few years ago I had a CRT monitor which had some display issue. I had to hit it on the side to fix it. As I had to hit harder and harder to "fix" it, I managed to use a hammer.

But it did quite well for few more years, before the internal grid detached...

This reminded me of our TV we had when I was small. One day my father and I were moving it around and it slipped out of my hands (big CRT televisions were heavy, and I was like 10). It fell on the ground and a bunch of parts broke apart inside. We had about a handfull of electrodes and transistors and whatnot that just broke off. The thing was, the TV worked just fine, for years and years after that incident...

Years ago I put a notice on the company board: "Don't take it out on your computer, throw one of mine out of the window"

Part of my job at the time was conducting acceptance tests on 'ruggedised' military computers and one of those was a 2m drop onto concrete (aka; thrown out of my office window). 1 in 10 of every new batch got the treatment, whether they wanted it or not ...

... Oh, and people soon learnt not to park their cars beneath my office!

Edited by Pecan

Years ago I put a notice on the company board: "Don't take it out on your computer, throw one of mine out of the window"

Part of my job at the time was conducting acceptance tests on 'ruggedised' military computers and one of those was a 2m drop onto concrete (aka; thrown of my office window). 1 in 10 of every new batch got the treatment, whether they wanted it or not ...

... Oh, and people soon learnt not to park their cars beneath my office!

AD least now I know why the put our offices on ground level. Some one must have overheard me talking to my computer.

AD least now I know why the put our offices on ground level. Some one must have overheard me talking to my computer.

You talk to your comp too? I thought I was crazy for yelling forum-unfriendly things at it. Although, sometimes I DO say "You're gonna work, you're gonna work excellent, and you're gonna do what I tell you to do. Is that clear!? Good!" to it.

Wow... That's funny I just returned from Colorado. Dude was most likely under the influence of a certain plant. The date and all...

I was thinking the same thing, being it Colorado and all.

Obviously - this was a Windows pc. ;)

Being in England shooting things isn't a readily available option, and anyway, if I do ever get the urge to get violent towards my machine I just remember how much money I've invested in it.

But I once got totally agri-vated with a HP printer and took a John Deere tractor to it.

ROFL - have some rep. That definitely needs to be a new intenet meme - "Yes - but does it plough?"

I was thinking the same thing, being it Colorado and all.

Obviously - this was a Windows pc. ;)

Nah - I like my Mac a lot but it does have its quirks. Repetitive 'your keyboard is running low on battery' being one of the more irritating ones.

Edited by KSK

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.