[1.x] 5dim Military Contract Pack [v0.4] [2015-05-3]

odin_spain

Hey there, it seems that this mod causes certain weaponry in BDarmoury to be removed from the building inventory! specifically, the hellfire missiles and the m1 abrams cannon disappear from both the SPH and the VAB. these items appear in the R&D lab, but not in the build editor! upon removing this mod, the weapons became available to use again so i think it must be causing restrictions on what weapons can be used!

You have to control planes from crew cabin. I have to make a "computer core" inside the planes in a specific orientation to spawns it correctly, that why you have to control it from the cabin.

- - - Updated - - -

I already test it and this weapons are available, notice that I changed the required tech to obtain it (relative to stock BDarmory).

Hey there, it seems that this mod causes certain weaponry in BDarmoury to be removed from the building inventory! specifically, the hellfire missiles and the m1 abrams cannon disappear from both the SPH and the VAB. these items appear in the R&D lab, but not in the build editor! upon removing this mod, the weapons became available to use again so i think it must be causing restrictions on what weapons can be used!

Hello,

I have two new findings (v0.5):

1. The craftURL in sat-1.cfg does not match the case of the craft name. Needs to be changed to Mil-sat-1.craft to let the target spawn under linux.

2. I think you use the wrong Parameter for mission sat-7.cfg. I just tried the mission and after successfully destroying the target the counter is still running (or actually seem to have started counting). I think instead of setting name and type to 'Duration' you wanted to set them to 'Timer' instead so they count down from the start.

Hey, liking the look of this so far!

I am, however, having issues with what I think is the second contract, where you have 7 or so targets around the runway area. It seems as though destroying the top part of it will register the target as being taken out. Destroying the bottom part of it will then /cancel/ that, so it'll register as the target still being alive. Or at least, 'not dead'.

On top of that, after killing one and having it register... If you take out another one or two, the first target will change from being destroyed to registering as still alive (the objective becomes 'not fulfilled'). Sometimes killing the /next/ target after that will cause each target to register as being destroyed (objective is completed, again). It goes back and forth seemingly at random, and it leads that mission to seemingly being unable to be completed.

looks like this dont work with the new dre and far as it starts throwing errors left and right. its probaly just the craft for the mod doing it not the contract pack itself. not counting if u use say real fuels all planes start with 0 fuel. also real chutes throws errors fom the chutes on the planes.

for real chute issue thats easliy solved by instead using the vng parachutes for kerbals.

ima try something by putting themin ships folder and seing if i can modify the crafts that they work that may be what people using real fuels far and dre might have to do. get back to u after i test it.

update

so far so good looks like if u using anything like real fuels,far,dre or real chutes before u use this have to load the ships up hanger save then put saved one. about to test if the resaved ship will work being loaded thru mission.

update 2

ok good and bad news

good news for those who use fuel mods,dre and real chutes loading up the vechs and saving then overwriting the oringal in the contract folder fixes the nre with all the mods including far.

bad news when it spawns in teh vessles for the first mission at ksp far goes nuts. it generates around 8-9k nre in around 30 sec. the nre stop if u go to the vessel thou.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ferram4.FARControllableSurface.CalculateSurfaceFunctions () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ferram4.FARControllableSurface.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

update

ok here are all the ship files(its just the craft files changed for realfuels,real chutes and far)

reemmber if u use far when a ship spawns within phyics range u will get a ton of nre till u take control of that ship.

nothingon the ships has changed but loaded fuel and took off and reattached engines so that realfuels works then saved them so they have all the info they need.

op u can take and add to the first page for anyone using those mods if u want.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ldzzbmnwx1zzwle/ships.rar?dl=0

Edited by sidfu

Hey, I started playing your mod the other day, and it seems great in concept, however once I get to the missions "No More KSC's" and "More vehicles spying" the enemy targets start to appear underground, and I can't shoot them. If I try to decline the missions I never get any 5Dim contracts again, so this seems like a very mod-breaking-bug.

I can upload a save file of this if need be. Or does anyone know what is causing this?

Also I had the same issue as falken, certain contracts give way more science than the listed value.... I didn't mind this though :) as I kinda suck...

Thanks for the mod though, I look forward to being able to complete it.

This "First plane" missions spawns the plane nose down and half into the ground. Loading it will immediately blow it up when physics kick in.

LRJBBhO.jpg

I'm now trying to edit the save file to correct that.

Edit:

The next "get a free plane" mission is the same. Is this intended?

Edited by *Aqua*

I̶'̶m̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶K̶K̶o̶m̶b̶a̶t̶ ̶e̶r̶r̶o̶r̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶r̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶l̶o̶a̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶a̶c̶t̶ ̶p̶a̶c̶k̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶w̶h̶y̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶i̶x̶?̶

Looks like it was a texture error instead, never mind. The contracts work perfectly again!

Edited by Lord_Potato

So I played some more missions.

My summary after playing on normal difficulty:

- Build less fancy vessels. My computer lags a bit when ~5-7 targets get into loading range. There are players out there that have way less powerful computers than mine.

- Seriously, build less fancy vessels. This "tank" and its supply truck are a wobbly mess. The space station with its two fighters _will_ spin out of control when you undock one of the fighters. (The SAS on the docked fighter and the docking ports are the causes.)

- You don't need to give free planes to the player. He'll only needs about 30 reseach points to unlock the first plane parts.

- Missions should provide less generous rewards. After only 12 military missions I unlocked every tier 7 tech, bought every building upgrade and still had over 3m cash left. (Might be a bug. I got multiple completion messages when completing a mission.)

- Make the AI more aggressive: Set the guard range to 5000 (or whatever maximum is set in BDArmory)! It's far to easy to snipe enemies if they only activate at <2500 meters.

- Make the enemies more capable by adding AA guns to missle crafts. They are really easy targets when they can't defend from incoming missles.

Best of luck on your exams, hope you do well.

The mod worked fine on the first game save I tried it on but with new saves I've started to see the bug others are reporting, with the spawned drones being stuck in the ground.

I'm still a big fan of this mod and am looking forward to see new missions and improvements.

• 2 weeks later...

hey i just wanted to let you know of a few issues.

when i get a new plane contract, the planes load nose-first, and with the nose into the ground. also, while i was playing, the game crashed and when i reloaded, it gave me this error message and said to notify you:

Exception occured while loading contract parameter 'TargetDestroyed' in contract 'terr-17':

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.TargetDestroyed.CreateDelegates () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.TargetDestroyed.OnParameterLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.ContractConfiguratorParameter.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

other than that, i do not think i have thusfar found anything else related to your mod. best of luck with it! keep up the great work!

also good luck on your exams, and make them a priority, not the mod.

hey i just wanted to let you know of a few issues.

when i get a new plane contract, the planes load nose-first, and with the nose into the ground. also, while i was playing, the game crashed and when i reloaded, it gave me this error message and said to notify you:

Exception occured while loading contract parameter 'TargetDestroyed' in contract 'terr-17':

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.TargetDestroyed.CreateDelegates () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.TargetDestroyed.OnParameterLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ContractConfigurator.Parameters.ContractConfiguratorParameter.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

other than that, i do not think i have thusfar found anything else related to your mod. best of luck with it! keep up the great work!

also good luck on your exams, and make them a priority, not the mod.

Can you post a full log file for this issue?

I've been playing around with the vessel spawning in the last few versions of Contract Configurator, and those changes are finally done. Now, the vessel heading/pitch/roll can be specified before spawning.

odin_spain - apologies if I've broken anything in your contract pack - but hopefully it should be fairly easy to fix now. The default is to spawn SPH vessels heading due north and VAB vessels straight up (as if launched from the launchpad).

I seem to be having an issue with the latest version of this, now I'm not sure weather it's due to the contract configurator or not, but all the vehicles are spawning upside-down so they aren't moving very much. Not sure if anyone else is having the same issues (I've noticed some comments above about the planes spawning nose first, having the same issue, all the kerbin ground base crafts (the practice ones and the rovers) are spawning upside-down), but if this could be addressed in the next update that would be very appreciated. Great pack btw.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.