[WIP] CxAerospace: Stations Parts Pack v1.0 - Head Over to Add-On Release

cxg2827

Looking good!

The NapHab has 3 bunks modeled, but I only added 2 IVAs to prevent people from overcrowding the modules and basically hot bunking their stations/crafts.

If you think about it, the empty bunks in the sleeping modules would be whoever is currently on duty and in the command pod or science module.

I can always add an MM config to the download which would allow hot bunking for the sleeping modules for anyone who wants to max out the capacities.

BTW, here is a progress shot of the sleep hab V4-1/2 IVA.

7szSExy.png?1

Gym and sleep module IVAs are basically ready with just some Unity work left over. Hoping to push out an update this weekend.

___

What are peoples feelings on having normal maps for the IVAs?

The current props and spaces have them, but still need specular maps so everything isn't super reflective and shiny. If the IVAs dont have any normal maps, there can be memory savings from not including those as well as from deleting the alpha channel from the textures.

Gym and sleep module IVAs are basically ready with just some Unity work left over. Hoping to push out an update this weekend.

___

What are peoples feelings on having normal maps for the IVAs?

The current props and spaces have them, but still need specular maps so everything isn't super reflective and shiny. If the IVAs dont have any normal maps, there can be memory savings from not including those as well as from deleting the alpha channel from the textures.

I don't think they will be necessary doing but you may as well make one and see what it looks like. I imagine things should look good enough without them as they already do look phenomenal in their current status.

I decided to remove the normal maps for now. I also had to do some changes to how the IVAs were populated due to some of them sharing textures. Everything in the IVA is now basically a prop so they can reference the other textures in the same folder.

Changes:

v0.07
-Delete CxAerospace folder prior to dropping in this version.
-IVA added to GymHab
-IVA added to SleepHabV4-1
-IVA added to SleepHabV4-2
-IVA added to SleepHabV6-1
-IVA added to SleepHabV6-2
-Added MM configs to SleepHabs

I could probably add those to my to-do list.

Coincidentally, I did just notice some in the CST-100 Replica thread that look really nice (post #84).

Ah, that was actually posted directly after I got OFF of the forums! :P

At any rate, aren't those NASA system docking ports? I was looking for an APAS-95 to go with yours.

Plus if I recall correctly, your PMA's APAS is like .975m (I know because it's the same size as Tantares docking ports) in diameter. Just going on a hunch here, the CST-100 docking ports are probably 1.25 or thereabouts.

Anyone else have low framerate when these parts load into physics? I can usually run with about 100+ parts with playable framerate, but 55 parts including 2 PMAs, 8 CBMs, and a 2M Node 1 made the framerate almost unplayable.

Framerate is normal when timewarping.

Other than that issue, these are some of the best parts I've used.

Are you using the Contract Configuration mod? Someone had issues with frame rate when they installed that (post #48).

Nope, not using many career mods at the moment. Other craft are fine, it's just when I had the 2M Node 1 that the framerate dropped. Very strange.

EDIT: Hmm, could the colliders be the cause? This post mentions that mesh colliders are more expensive than primitives, and more polygons means more slowdowns. I've not noticed the low framerate on a fresh install, so it's could be related to another mod I have installed.

Edited by DerpyFirework

I'll do some testing in sandbox, but the colliders could be one of the culprits. Maybe the issue stems from the CBMs rather than the node 1s.

What are your computer specs?

My specs:

AMD FX-4350 (Quadcore @ 4.2GHz)

AMD Radeon R9 270x

16GB DDR3 RAM

2TB Harddrive (KSP is installed here)

250GB SSD (Windows 7 x64 is installed here)

Take all the time you need, not planning anything major until 1.1 drops. I was just seeing how far I could get with ISS assembly before the framerate dies.

At any rate, aren't those NASA system docking ports? I was looking for an APAS-95 to go with yours.

Plus if I recall correctly, your PMA's APAS is like .975m (I know because it's the same size as Tantares docking ports) in diameter. Just going on a hunch here, the CST-100 docking ports are probably 1.25 or thereabouts.

Oh gotcha. Yea, I'll add some APAS-95s then. just double checked and the outer diameter of mine is 0.9m for the mating surface.

Made an IDA for my CST mod that fits perfectly with ur PMA!

Nice!