P.E.W (A BDArmory Addon)Reactivated Development

perhaps a gun or two? [i want a browning :D]

Killing kerbals with their own hands, why not.

Thanks Lord Prometheus for the update. After testing the daisy cutter, I could destroy almost entire KSP complex with two of them.

Maybe nuclear warheads goes next?

Here's the quickly-made video about the BLU-82 (sorry for the low quality and glitches)

Edited by badboyz31

• 2 weeks later...
I've got a question for you... I've made a model (no textures) for rocket pods in blender, do you want to implement it? You can PM me in case I forgot to check this thread.

Any chance you can release them plain, or screenshots? I'm curious

• 2 weeks later...
I'm still off working for the summer and I probably won't be able to maintain this mod for the next month or two due to moving in to college right after work ends. Anyway keep blowing things up!

Oh man! Why would you go and do that to us! Our needs of pixel detonating madness are far more important than your education...... ;) Have fun Prometheus, RL always needs to come first.

Oh man! Why would you go and do that to us! Our needs of pixel detonating madness are far more important than your education...... ;) Have fun Prometheus, RL always needs to come first.

The biggest problem is that I dont have my computer at the summer camp I work at but I can still post using my phone

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Umm.... I can't download the latest version on a Mac, the Dropbox download button is greyed out.

Im away from home right now I will fix the link when I get back

the link works for me so i think it must be a Dropbox error

Edited by LORDPrometheus

Glad to hear it. How is the m-31 working for you its been off and on in my testinf

Haven't tried it out yet. When I do I suspect I will have to lase the targets, or get GPS co-ords using a UAV kinda deal before firing. The MALDs are a nice addition though!

I do like finally having an MLRS rocket, though may I suggest the 300mm BM-30 Smerch comes next? Or make a Grad style barrel array, and just have it pre-loaded like the other rocket pods...

Haven't tried it out yet. When I do I suspect I will have to lase the targets, or get GPS co-ords using a UAV kinda deal before firing. The MALDs are a nice addition though!

I do like finally having an MLRS rocket, though may I suggest the 300mm BM-30 Smerch comes next? Or make a Grad style barrel array, and just have it pre-loaded like the other rocket pods...

Launcher tubes are a bit tricky due to unity collision meshes but not out of the question id just put an attatchment node on the bottom of each tube and rocket. And you gessed correctly with the russian rockets but I need to do reseach since I want one that uses the same guidance and yes the M-31 is gps guided. Before that however im going to update my models and textures to match the quality of the base mod. Ive already done the AIM-54 and the M-31 was built to that standard from the start. Eventually I also want to get the booster stages work on the rgm 184, RIM-174, and nike as well. I wont go into too many details on whats coming next but lets just say I your navy will be very happy.

Maybe you could set the GRAD up like rocket launchers? Like Hydra, I mean. IMO it should be possible with newest update - turret and firing modules are separated.

The problem isnt the modules its how the projectiles behave. The rockets fired by the pods are basically bullets with thrust and dont behave like rockets as in they dont follow a ballistic arc very well or with any degree of predictability

any degree of predictability

And you just described the BM-21 Grad, congratulations.

But is there any chance of moving the attachment node for the M-31 to the tail? makes building MLRSs different with its current placement

Edit: Found a good work around

Second edit: Any chance of engine effects? Flame, smoke, etc...?

Edited by Thatdude253

Ok, first impressions on the M31.

1. It doesn't boost out NEARLY fast enough. You watch videos or GIFs of MLRSs and its a rush of noise and smoke as the rockets leave. The current M31 seems to sorta float out of the launcher before gathering speed.

2. GPS works well, haven't conducted extensive testing to test maximum range, non-line of sight, etc...

3. Definitely needs secondary spotting vehicle, will benefit from persistent GPS marking introduced in 9.5

4. Haven't tested explosive power against vehicles, but it seems adequate against space center

And you just described the BM-21 Grad, congratulations.

But is there any chance of moving the attachment node for the M-31 to the tail? makes building MLRSs different with its current placement

Edit: Found a good work around

Second edit: Any chance of engine effects? Flame, smoke, etc...?

I understand how a Grad operates but the projectiles wouldent work as such if they use the rocket launcher code tbey would just spiral out in a straightish line and not fall

I was debating it and may just add second one to the back

Id like to but never managed to find the texture for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, first impressions on the M31.

1. It doesn't boost out NEARLY fast enough. You watch videos or GIFs of MLRSs and its a rush of noise and smoke as the rockets leave. The current M31 seems to sorta float out of the launcher before gathering speed.

2. GPS works well, haven't conducted extensive testing to test maximum range, non-line of sight, etc...

3. Definitely needs secondary spotting vehicle, will benefit from persistent GPS marking introduced in 9.5

4. Haven't tested explosive power against vehicles, but it seems adequate against space center

I agree the boost speed is low but the model has issues with overspeed if I increase it too much I will tweak it however

Good

Yup just like real world artillery needs forward observers

Its a bit more than a maverick

I understand how a Grad operates but the projectiles wouldent work as such if they use the rocket launcher code tbey would just spiral out in a straightish line and not fall

I was debating it and may just add second one to the back

Id like to but never managed to find the texture for it.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree the boost speed is low but the model has issues with overspeed if I increase it too much I will tweak it however

Good

Yup just like real world artillery needs forward observers

Its a bit more than a maverick

T'was but a joke.

Probably the best course of action

Not to suggest theft, but could you borrow the texture from any of Baha's missiles?

Even if the boost speed is just an instant before the sustainer kicks in, it needs to be higher. It needs to jump out of the launcher super fast, then the sustainer can kick in and keep its regular speed. So if you need to make the boost like, .01 seconds, it may work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.