Drop the long-deprecated directories (parts, plugins ...) from the KSP subtree.

I concur with the OP's sentiments.

Virtually all current add-ons have migrated to using the convenient and intuitive GameData system, and there are no older add-ons compatible with 0.90/1.0 that require the legacy Parts/Plugin folders.

• 1 year later...

18 months and 3(?) major versions later, and this is still causing problems for inexperienced users and those following instructions from old forum threads and random internet pages...  is there some underlying technical reason for them still being present, or is it simply a case of 'can't be bothered to edit a few files' ?

8 hours ago, Sharpy said:

I tried deleting them manually. The game re-created them on start.

:mad:

Same here, They seem unnecessary after all this time, and I've answered more than one request for help from someone new to the game, who thought that there should be something in those folders and were concerned that they'd accidentally deleted the contents or that their game has not installed correctly...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.