[1.1.2] Critical temperature gauge

Ravien

So... maybe I'm just missing something, but I had a problem. I got the guage set up the way I wanted and then chose the option to remove the button from the stock toolbar. Later I realized that it's right in the way of waypoint distance/ETA information. I had the thing locked, so I need the settings to remove it. But the button's gone now... Is there a way to get them back up that I don't know about?

My solution was to uninstall and reinstall, which worked fine of course. I just wondered if there was a better solution. :)

My solution was to uninstall and reinstall, which worked fine of course. I just wondered if there was a better solution. :)

From original post:

Remove toolbar button - removes toolbar button after next reload of flight scene

(To bring back toolbar button You have to delete or manually edit config file)

:)

Gah, I must have missed that second line. :) Thanks.

Also, I haven't had a chance to look into the details yet, but... any chance this is compatible with Deadly Reentry? Considering it uses different temperatures for failure, I'm guessing no. But I just wanted to point out that I, for one, would really love if this mod were DRE compatibility.

Also, I haven't had a chance to look into the details yet, but... any chance this is compatible with Deadly Reentry? Considering it uses different temperatures for failure, I'm guessing no. But I just wanted to point out that I, for one, would really love if this mod were DRE compatibility.

No. Last update for this mod was before DRE released a v1.0 compatible version of the mod. Maybe we can suggest support for it be added as an option :P

Sounds like this mod would simply need to be changed to look for "skinTemperature" and "skinMaxTemperature" under ModuleAeroReentry rather than the normal stock equivalents. Or... I suppose you might want to compare both to be sure. On reentry, skin temperature would definitely be the issue, but perhaps it's possible for total part temperature to max out by other means (solar radiation, engine overheating, and so on) before skin temperature. Maybe. Not sure how they compare.

Ravien,

Could I request support for another mod? Well not really support but an exclusion list cfg we can use MM to assign parts to.

Basically Nertea is finishing up Near Future Electrical, Propulsion, & his new Heat Control system soon. Overall its going to be based on stock heat so compatibility is negligible. But I think his radiator system is going to be self regulating so they can handle the temps his reactors run at without outright exploding. Would be nice to add them to an exclusion list since we already know they are running hot and don't want the part highlighter & temp gauge to constantly focus on them :P

For all interested - in first post of this thread You can find new, experimental Deadly Reentry compatible version ready for testing.

non experimental version released

@damerell: just delete GameData\Ravien\Plugins\PluginData\Thermo\config.xml

@ExavierMacbeth: functionality added by module exclusion list

Edited by Ravien

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems to me that DR mode works on only skin temperatures, not part internal temperatures. Is it possible the tool could look at both? It is scant comfort to have low skin temperatures if my NERVA is about to explode. :-)

I'ts possible, I think. Did you use vanilla KSP or some plugins to manage overall temperature?

I'm not sure I quite follow you. I was doing a long burn on an LV-N with the gauge showing nothing exciting when my engine exploded. From later experimentation I inferred the gauge reports either skin temperature or core temperature, but not whichever is most critical.

So, this mod should "Highlight critical part - highlights measured part", can someone show me what this highlight should look like? I don't seem to see it in my modded game...and I'd just like to know what to look for before i poke around too much with the other mods.

So, this mod should "Highlight critical part - highlights measured part", can someone show me what this highlight should look like? I don't seem to see it in my modded game...and I'd just like to know what to look for before i poke around too much with the other mods.

You should see a red/yellow flashing highlight around the critical part.

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~damerell/games/ksp/thdiff.txt is a small patch which causes the gauge, in Deadly Re-entry mode, to still report on part internal temperatures if they are closer to explosion.

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~damerell/games/ksp/Thermo.dll is a version of the plugin compiled with that patch, if I haven't made some horrible mistake that makes the build specific to my own system. GPL v3, obviously, like the parent plugin.

I wanted to let the dev know that critical temperature gauge and Tarsier space technology are conflicting. When both mods are installed the tarsier GUI wont come up.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/111157-1-0-2-Tarsier-Space-Technology-with-Galaxies-Continued-%28V5-2%29-3rd-June-2015

[h=1] [/h]

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.