Super Subtle Easter Egg

5donuts

I was building a spaceship and went to add a strut when I noticed something quite peculiar: Struts cost 42 bucks!M9m8kEa.png?1

I am not at all surprised that the answer to every problem in KSP (except the one where the rocket doesn't go up) might as well be the answer to life, the universe, and really everything.

Where's the nearest intergalactic highway!?

Well the Council wanted to put a Hyperspace Bypass through the Kerbin system, but they were vetoed by the general public. Mostly because the Kerbal entries in the Hitchhiker's Guide are so popular.

Because anything that has a 42 in it is a easter egg to hitchhikers guide. cant just be a number nope.

Well, the thing is:

42 is the answer to Life, The Universe, and Everything. There is a pretty old joke about KSP that's about struts being the answer to everything. Seems like it can't be coincidental...

Indeed. Now who is the cheeky dev who did this I wonder?

It'd be so funny if the devs are sitting there, reading this, going OMG...I didn't notice that!

But it's too much of a coincidence...someone must be responsible for this!

First thing I did with 1.0 was just read all the new part descriptions. I didn't need to play the game to have some fun with it ;)

I found this on the wiki:

v.24: Cost reduced from 10px-Black_money.png250 to 10px-Black_money.png42

Edit: It just occurred to me that v.24 is the reverse of "42"

ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED

Edited by basic.syntax
They made me do it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.