Suspension help?

So, my question is pretty simple.

I made a small truck with wheels.How do i adjust the wheel suspension?

The wheels keep breaking even on even the smallest bumps at really low speeds, and it's really annoying.

Plus, when i turn, the truck wants to flip over as easy as a pancake.

Can someone help me with this?

Edited by Candlelight

Docking port to docking port is great for suspension. Hang a girder underneath it with wheels on the girder and the mass of the chassis on the top port.

AFAIK there is no way to adjust the suspension built into the wheel itself.

Here, I think the video entitled "Suspension Tutorial" partway down the first post should help!

forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81723-Vagani-Car-Manufacturer-New-tutorials?

He advises using light-weight parts that allow some bend/flex between them. Examples shown were the LV-1 "Ant" engine, stacked in succession, which allows some bend. Another option is the Cubic Octagonal Strut, I believe.

Edited by Slam_Jones

This video he posted shows a rover doing some tests, both "without suspension" or "with suspension", and there's a decent difference between them.

Yes.... I see that. I still don't understand the question. Do stock wheels have an adjustable suspension? If they do I didn't know about it... I use the docking port technique.

All stock rover wheels have some form of suspension except t̶h̶e̶ ̶"̶r̶u̶g̶g̶e̶d̶i̶z̶e̶d̶"̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ the small landing gear bay. However, I don't think this suspension is adjustable (though it is lockable). Keep in mind, however, that all wheels have a maximum speed; when they reach it, they will be destroyed, terrain quality irrelevant.

A screenshot of your craft would help with the design issues, of course.

Edited by zxczxczbfg

Yes.... I see that. I still don't understand the question. Do stock wheels have an adjustable suspension? If they do I didn't know about it... I use the docking port technique.

Well Stock wheels have no adjustments at all, really, besides brake torque. Ergo, the only option is mods or creativity.

In this case, we are making creative use of certain parts to simulate suspension.

All stock rover wheels have some form of suspension except the "ruggedized" wheel... -snip-

I use the Ruggedized frequently, and I can confirm it DOES have suspension. It's just poor suspension.

Well Stock wheels have no adjustments at all, really, besides brake torque. Ergo, the only option is mods or creativity.

In this case, we are making creative use of certain parts to simulate suspension.

And I told him to use two docking ports as a suspension. Its not the best method but it works well and most importantly it is low part count.

What am I supposed to do, build it for him?

And I told him to use two docking ports as a suspension. Its not the best method but it works well and most importantly it is low part count.

No, obviously you don't need to build it for him, man. :huh:

I gave him an option, you gave him an option. Two options, though I'm sure there are plenty of other techniques that would accomplish the same result.

Question has been answered, and references referenced. Links have been provided for greater detail.

I say good day, sir.

Try placing several ant engines end to end, then attaching a cubic octagonal strut, and placing the rover wheel on that.

Alternatively, place a cubic strut, then surface-attach another one to the first, rotate it 90 degrees, and place the rover wheel on the second strut.

Calm down, guys. No need to get into an argument about it.

Can't help you with suspensions, OP, but as for flipping, all KSP wheeled vehicles have that unfortunate tendency. The only remedy is to build the rovers as low and wide as possible. But even something this low and wide

2q7v3ft.png

is prone to flipping on low-grav worlds.

Take it easy, Pax.I wasn't expecting for you to build anything, i just asked a question.

I am changing the prefix to Answered!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.