BURAN Shuttle - Release

DECQ

One question, is it possible to make your Buran work together with the Shuttle mod? Like, for example, having interchangeable external tank attachment, payloads, docking...

another thing that I noticed from the Shuttle mod that could work with your Buran, since it is a historical mod and not a stockalike, is having the structure (cockpit, bay, engine mount, wings and tail) one piece, and having the engines, control surfaces, payloads and docking adapter as separate parts

but these are just ideas, rest assured that I sure am waiting in line to try your Buran as soon as you release it even if you release it pink :P

Sorry, I did not understand the question). You mean like different textures on the Space Shuttle by Dragon01 / Mike-NZ? It certainly will, as I have almost completed the arm (still without uninteresting), and in the future, Energia-2, or different blocks for the construction of the stations, and more.

And here is the makings of a future Energia-2).

9236287_m.png

P.S.Or you mean to combine parts of two shuttles, so you can change the part? No, it's completely different addons.

Edited by DECQ

P.S.Or you mean to combine parts of two shuttles, so you can change the part? No, it's completely different addons.

my question was more like this

What I had in mind was like being able to use Energia and Buran docking module on the Space Shuttle, and launch a Buran with a shuttle ET and SSSRB with a spacelab in it's bay :) (I know I can always launch them as they were designed and actually flew, but this is KSP :P )

my question was more like this

What I had in mind was like being able to use Energia and Buran docking module on the Space Shuttle, and launch a Buran with a shuttle ET and SSSRB with a spacelab in it's bay :) (I know I can always launch them as they were designed and actually flew, but this is KSP :P )

Well, I think docking of two space shuttles will be available. Also, you can start with the Space Shuttle Rocket "Energy", at least before it was possible. However, there is a problem with the weight of two different mods if Dragon01 not change cfg then Buran will weigh about 60-65t +24 or 28 tonnes of payload.

All the same Rocket "Energy" in the real world was a unique,and ET could only carry the Space Shuttle.

• 2 weeks later...
I know you're still working in it, but... could the first variant be a thing in the future?

http://www.raumfahrer.net/forum/yabbfiles/Attachments/up032302.jpg

It is possible, but for now I'm busy Rocket "Energy" Buran need help to do the normal docking port (for undocking the shuttle loses his head and breaks the whole plant) and totally IVA,I have a trial version but I do not want to work on it, I hate to do IVA.

Edited by DECQ

Soon I will release an updated "ENERGIA" and with it the alpha release Buran, possibly with the release of I'll get some help. Yes, I looked at the docking port from Bobcat, although I have a completely different model, and it works fine, but when undocking all breaks down, I'm tired and I can not find the problem...

Release what you have and we will find the answers for you, we all want to help no point getting frustrated and tired there will be many solutions to the problems just have to pick the correct one. if you release an alpha version set guidlines for reporting a problem

Problem is A

Can be recreated is B

Logs C

Potential solution D

That way it will be much easier to sift through all the rubbish reports

So how goes the debugging? I'm sure if you made a topic in the right subforum, someone could help you figure out strange docking ports.

Now I do not do Buran, I modify Rocket ENERGIA,remade BURAN_T, remade POLIUS, remade ENERGIA.

9393035_m.png

9393053_m.png

Made several versions of block-A, including the position and separators. Rocket itself is connected to the RO / RSS, although it is necessary to finish a little . modify boosters DM and SMERCH.

Docking port work, just can not connect two Buran to one station or another, in any case, as soon as the Dragon sends me cfg on Buran I will release it as an alpha version.

By the way, who knows addon for "smart" components? that after the separation part continued to function, and the animation itself make use of engines, there is the option to do as close to reality Block A, but in the stock mode is impossible.

By the way, who knows addon for "smart" components? that after the separation part continued to function, and the animation itself make use of engines, there is the option to do as close to reality Block A, but in the stock mode is impossible.

Do you mean the Smart Parts mod? However, your English isn't helping much here, sorry. What's the Block A?

Edited by Deltac

Do you mean the Smart Parts mod? However, your English isn't helping much here, sorry. What's the Block A?

This must be what I need, thank you very much !!!

"Block-A" is the first stage rocket "Energia"

- - - Updated - - -

@Decq if you list what you need help with we can get stuff sorted for you, there are plenty of volunteers and lots of people want to help

I think you're right, though I wrote to people able to help my problems in the PM, but did not receive help.

But the first problem is the IVA, I have a DEMO version if there is a wish, I'll send you Cabine Buran and IVA.

9397980_m.png

I still try to make DockPort work correctly, and connect POLIUS to the plugin BDArmory. Incidentally there is a manipulator for plug MagicSmokeIndustries, it works but it is impossible to use it if there is a manipulator for addons I would be happy (Ramfarer not work).

Edited by DECQ

Ok the the guy for IVA would be MasseFlieger his thread http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/96148-AeroKerbin-Industries-Modified-IVAs he does excellent work. I will PM him on your behalf and see if he is interested in doing the IVA if not we will find someone else.

I wonder if Romfarer would update his robotic arm pack if you asked him

PM has been sent

Edited by Virtualgenius

Ok the the guy for IVA would be MasseFlieger his thread http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/96148-AeroKerbin-Industries-Modified-IVAs he does excellent work. I will PM him on your behalf and see if he is interested in doing the IVA if not we will find someone else.

PM has been sent

Virtualgenius thank you, but you did not understand me, I'm not working on IVA, I do not even texture. I hate to do them in this thought, maybe there's an enthusiast ready to make it to the end, as the IVA for the expansion CSS.

So the picture is just a Demo version. :\

Yes I understood, I have asked Masseflieger if he would do the complete IVA for you so you can complete the project you wouldnt have to do the IVA component he would complete it as he is an ethusiast

Edited by Virtualgenius

Yes I understood, I have asked Masseflieger if he would do the complete IVA for you so you can complete the project you wouldnt have to do the IVA component he would complete it as he is an ethusiast

Well then, thank you very much, it is good if it helps to make IVA.

9414778_m.png

I wanted to mount a parachute in the block A, but it does not work correctly, not working dragCube. Perhaps it prevents animations landing legs? Maybe more advanced modder prompt how to make it work in version 1.0 was set up much more difficult, because the same problem with ModuleJettison, instead of selected parts disappears the whole model. :\

PART

{

url = ENERGIA/ENERGIA/BLOCK_AM/Energia_BlockAM

DRAG_CUBE

{

cube = Default, 54.97742,0.7810495,1.768945, 54.99822,0.7694906,2.832972, 4.724695,0.4860291,23.6226, 4.73853,0.8537729,25.27309, 55.35178,0.7813092,1.768994, 55.33098,0.7811284,1.768994, -1.256205,0.162077,-0.02248681, 3.191586,26.10465,3.191679

}

}

Is it a horror))...

- - - Updated - - -

It is also good news, I got the "Polius" shoot now it makes sense, at least to clear debris from space. :-)

http://images.vfl.ru/ii/1438107586/83a1d1fe/9414778_m.png

I wanted to mount a parachute in the block A, but it does not work correctly, not working dragCube. Perhaps it prevents animations landing legs? Maybe more advanced modder prompt how to make it work in version 1.0 was set up much more difficult, because the same problem with ModuleJettison, instead of selected parts disappears the whole model. :\

PART

{

url = ENERGIA/ENERGIA/BLOCK_AM/Energia_BlockAM

DRAG_CUBE

{

cube = Default, 54.97742,0.7810495,1.768945, 54.99822,0.7694906,2.832972, 4.724695,0.4860291,23.6226, 4.73853,0.8537729,25.27309, 55.35178,0.7813092,1.768994, 55.33098,0.7811284,1.768994, -1.256205,0.162077,-0.02248681, 3.191586,26.10465,3.191679

}

}

Is it a horror))...

- - - Updated - - -

It is also good news, I got the "Polius" shoot now it makes sense, at least to clear debris from space. :-)

Landing legs are the problem. You can't have more than 1 animation at a time on each part.

Landing legs are the problem. You can't have more than 1 animation at a time on each part.

Well, I divided the time for all animation, that's for sure prevents?.

9415139_m.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.