Transfer science internally

I'm wondering: Is there a way to transfer science between modules internally, meaning without EVA?

I mean, if a Kerbal can bring along the data on EVA, why shouldn't the same Kerbal be able to bring it along when moving between parts inside the ship?

Edit: Would a moderator please be so nice as to move this to the support forum? I just realized it would fit there better.

Edited by soulsource

The For Science Mod will automatically move science from the experiment to a capsule of your choosing. It can also be set to run experiments automatically.

For transfering between capsules you sometimes need to do a quick EVA or run another experiment to get it to trigger the transfer.

I don't have issues with Kerbals gathering the experimental data right at the sensor. For instance, my headcanon is that for the Goo and Material Lab experiments they are taking the samples out of the respective container and put them in a compartment of their EVA suit, just to store them in a proper cabinet in the capsule later.

Thing is: It has been suggested by selfish_meme to put a second lander can at the bottom of tall landers, in order to save ladders. While the idea is great, and with proper design the Kerbal on EVA can gather all experiments, it's somehow necessary to transfer the data to the other command pod internally... I've just found the Ship Manifest mod, which will allow this as well, but if there'd be a simpler mod that just allows science transfers, or if there would be a solution without using mods, I'd greatly appreciate any hints toward these.

I would like science to be transferable internally, a bit like it was a resource, and to be able to be selective about which science is transferred to which pod.

You may want to leave certain science behind on a station to re-fill its MPL later and take some of the science back home. If to start with all the science is in one pod I can't see any way of selecting the results you want to leave behind and moving just those result to a different pod. There needs to be another button on the review science dialog that when clicked lets you select a different pod to transfer the result to (similar interface to how Kerbals are transferred).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.