64 bit HYPE!!!

Windspren

I have ATI(AMD)/Intel switchable graphics on my laptop and it works great in Linux. I actually don't really see a difference in running Windows or Linux (dual-boot) except for I don't get crashes in Linux....

I would be playing 64 bit if my Ubuntu partition would stop nuking itself or failing to install the Nvidia drivers... (some help would be nice :P)

Not worth it. For some reason, KSP seems to run noticeably worse on Linux, even with official drivers installed. Mods with custom GUIs (Mechjeb, but might happen with other mods too - I haven't tried) completely wreck the already poor framerate. On a high-end computer, you could play it on Linux, but don't expect it to be anywhere near as smooth as it is on Windows. On a low-end computer - don't even bother trying it, it'll just make you want to smash the thing with a sledgehammer and throw it out of the window.

Yaaaay cuz I run windows 7. And also will the x64 version be compatible with windows 10 when it comes out on July 29th because my pc is not going to last very long

Not worth it. For some reason, KSP seems to run noticeably worse on Linux, even with official drivers installed. Mods with custom GUIs (Mechjeb, but might happen with other mods too - I haven't tried) completely wreck the already poor framerate. On a high-end computer, you could play it on Linux, but don't expect it to be anywhere near as smooth as it is on Windows. On a low-end computer - don't even bother trying it, it'll just make you want to smash the thing with a sledgehammer and throw it out of the window.

I have a core i5 and a GTX570, I find it perfectly acceptable running Linux, with Eve, astronomers, hot rockets, cool rockets, kerbinside and a host of other mods including mechjeb I would compare the frame rate to windows but I can't because windows won't run with all those mods installed, tried it the other night at a friends place with an even better rig and we had to go the low texture route with EVE just to get it to run (other mods were installed)

I have a core i5 and a GTX570, I find it perfectly acceptable running Linux, with Eve, astronomers, hot rockets, cool rockets, kerbinside and a host of other mods including mechjeb I would compare the frame rate to windows but I can't because windows won't run with all those mods installed, tried it the other night at a friends place with an even better rig and we had to go the low texture route with EVE just to get it to run (other mods were installed)

Core i7 / GTX 970 and it runs like [REDACTED] even with no mods. It's playable, yes, but it's by no means a pleasant experience. On Windows, it runs at a rock steady 60fps no matter how many mods I throw at it.

E: Maybe I've set my standards too high, but "acceptable" just doesn't cut it for me when it comes to performance.

Core i7 / GTX 970 and it runs like [REDACTED] even with no mods. It's playable, yes, but it's by no means a pleasant experience. On Windows, it runs at a rock steady 60fps no matter how many mods I throw at it.

E: Maybe I've set my standards too high, but "acceptable" just doesn't cut it for me when it comes to performance.

Core i5 / GTX275… runs just fine. I didn't bother to do a comparison, but I can't tell difference by eye. I'd say your install have some issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.