VF1- Work in Progress

ynoz

Hi all!!! the Valkyries have arrived

Just wanted to share something I've been working on. I'm still fine tuning some details but so far it can fly, land (it takes some practice to achieve a perfect land) and Deform into Gerwalk mode (only while flying, haven't figure out how to do it while on the ground without breaking it) ... i tried to go all the way to battloid but that's nearly impossible...

hopefully you guys enjoy some screenshots i took of my new baby THE VF 1

Plz be gentle this is my first mod custom craft, but all critics are well accepted

PS. want to thank the guys from IR with out that mod this would be impossible (if you are reading this i have some questions plz contact me)

06/30/15

Hi all i just added the parts to kerbalstuff, hope you all enjoy it

Important the parts works with Infernal robotics

Future plans i'll try to go all the way to battloid mode but i need time, after that ill start with the vf-25 messiah and sdf-1

Please i would like to hear your feedback,

Have fun

[Moderator removed defunct website link]

CcoePV3.png

WfEgUpD.png

IK6J9BM.png9JAp9ZH.pngVAsBD3u.png

Edited by James Kerman
link removed

Where's the cockpit from? I want that IVA...

Also, transforming. o_o

I made it all from scratch, so far i have 12 parts modeled and tested. i'm working now on the arms and tail fin, i'm glad you like it. as soon as is complete it, ill be posting the whole craft @ kerballstuff . The Iva uses Rasterprop monitor (i want to thank the original modder for the props).

- - - Updated - - -

Shutup and take my money!!!!

I mean...

I'm glad you like it :D. In just a couple weeks ill be posting the whole craft @ kerballstuff, I'm still tweaking and fine tuning everything, while working on the Fins and Arms, which is a lil' hard for me because, i only have internet images and the series as reference (i want a bandai or yamato figure).

• 3 weeks later...

This is probably the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. Would you be up to making its gun for BDArmory though?

EDIT: I found it on Kerbalstuff. Less prepared for WIP than I should've been. Still looks amazing even if it it handles like a drunk whale :P

Edited by BoomShroom

This is probably the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. Would you be up to making its gun for BDArmory though?

EDIT: I found it on Kerbalstuff. Less prepared for WIP than I should've been. Still looks amazing even if it it handles like a drunk whale :P

:D LOL yeah it takes some practice to pilot a Vf1, I recommend that if you are in Atmo let the gimbals free while on Vac Lock the Gimbals, remember it is balanced but when u are almost out of fuel the CoM will go behind the CoL (i tried to fix this, but that break another thing)

Remember RCS are your friends (that's why i gave it a generous amount of mono propellant) try to place a couple @ nose another couple at the Fuselage and on the legs. and anywhere you find useful (i use the Bahamutto pack with his rcs)

The wings to create a uplift they need to be at 36 degrees while at 0 they will create a down force. (you should've seen how many times i crashed hard on the runway because of this )

One more thing try to use stock landing gear all the others, costume made or mods parts doesn't seem to work (i really don't know why it has something to do with the spring and damper).

I'm aware of some issues the craft has but i could manage to get it all the way to Jool and land on 1 of the moons i even got the halfway back but the fuel wasn't enough... although i made tons of mistakes on the way up

Edited by ynoz

Hey there,

I'm trying to add your mod to CKAN and I've got a few questions if you'll indulge me:

1. Your KerbalStuff description says "Important the parts works with Infernal robotics", do people need IR installed?

2. Does Vf1.zip serve a purpose? It seems like it's just a nested archive of the mod but I want to be sure.

3. CKAN can install all the parts of your mod just fine as is, but we can't use the .craft file as it is. If you place it in a folder called "SPH" then we can copy it to users' stock ships.

Thanks for any/all cooperation. =)

OMG! I was actually planning to do this after my nuclear engine mod. I had plans all the way to batroid. Nice that you have GERWALK going. (for those who don't know, GERWALK is an acronym for Ground Effective Reinforced Winged Armament with Locomotive Knee-joint.)

For batroid you'll need to animate the cockpit somehow and add another screen by sliding it from the rear once the cockpit tilts back and the canopy shield comes down. If you are using IR the sequencer mod is needed for mode switching. I had come up with two ways to do the mode switching. One was a complex animation rigging and BD animation for walking, the other was IR and sequencer. My thermal nuclear mod is a precursor to having the reaction engines for the Valkyrie. If you plan to add FAST packs (Fuel And Sensor Tactical) you need to adjust the COM on the parts so the center of thrust lines up with the center of mass. Like I said I planned it all out, from VF-1 Valkyrie to VF-30 Chronos.

I'm an expert on the Shoji Kawamori's designs, if you need help or get stuck feel free to ask.

Edit: Looking at your pictures, I must add, using adjustable landing gear would be best for the craft, and the ruddevators need to be 45 degrees not 90. I own a load of the Kawamori approved valk toys. :D

Edit2: I also figured out that the VF-25 is easier with complex animation rigging then with IR.

Edit3: You'd have to somehow change the position of the craft orientation in batroid mode so that the top of the cockpit is facing forward, the seat tilts back in the cockpit, a screen comes out in front of the pilot so the pilot could see outside using RPM and the camera in the head.

Edited by Eskandare

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.