Iosif Stalin 4 (HEAVY TANK)

Iosif Stalin 4

Designer: Zekes

Cost: $644,152.00

A redesign of the Soviet Union's IS-2, the IS-4 had a hull that was lengthened, with an extra set of road wheels added and an improved engine. Both hull and turret armour were increased. Several alternative armaments were explored in paper studies but ultimately the IS-2's original 122mm gun was retained.

WARNING: To use this tank, drive carefully. On launch, slowly move the tank forward untill it starts to jump, then disconnect the turret (with SPACE) and continue. I have no idea why It jumps like this but it seems to be solved by doing this. The road wheels are delicate, especially the front and back two. I suggest having a Kerbal follow and repair if needed.

Comes with rotating turret, simply switch to it and "control from here" on the front pod, just behind the gun. Camouflage not included.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/m6eqxjwelsie7td/IS-4.craft

PGcp6Sr.jpg

QenfFR2.jpg

Edited by zekes

Considering the T-34 1940 was about 370 parts, i am willing to bet that this here has enough parts to melt a computer. :P

790 parts, 60 tons, which is actually not too bad. Turret turns like a dream too.

Thanks guys! I'm not sure what tank to make next...

Medium T-34, Heavy IS. I think TD could be nice for next one. I prefer ISU-152.

I do love the SU-152. Not sure if I want to try that one alone or if I should build another KV-1 and go from that. Decisions, decisions....

Just a thing I want to point out real quick: ISU-152 and SU-152 are two different vehicles. They share the same gun, but the ISU-152 is built on the IS heavy tank chassis and the SU-152 is built on the chassis of the KV-1S.

Just a thing I want to point out real quick: ISU-152 and SU-152 are two different vehicles. They share the same gun, but the ISU-152 is built on the IS heavy tank chassis and the SU-152 is built on the chassis of the KV-1S.

Yeah, and there's my problem - do I build KV-1, then Su-152, or IS, then ISU-152? Or all of them? Or skip the tanks?

Ah well. I have a long summer. Eventually! Will be my rallying cry.

I have no use for this, but WELL DONE, the pictures look amazing!

I just wished I could do things like this, but hey, as long as someone can (and they share) then all is well. I'm just hoping there is something in the future that appeals to me.

You prove that KSP isn't always about space faring... its more, what if aliens invaded, you have to be read... or multi player, player 2's rocket is better than yours, easy, blow the MOFO out of the sky... and for that reason, may I suggest a mobile Surface to Air missile system sometime soon... or, if possible, an ICBM bunker so you can blow the opposition's satellites out of orbit.... and thinking about it, it would be a nice way to remove space junk too... the hardest part would be the homing system, but maybe another modder can help with that.

Again, GREAT looking tank!

Woohoo, thanks sal for stickying this post! This tank is the one that I am really afraid to go back and test again, as it's huge, heavy, and bucks like a bronco when the turret turns. But it's very cool too.

790 parts, 60 tons, which is actually not too bad. Turret turns like a dream too.

Thanks guys! I'm not sure what tank to make next...

So what sort of FPS do you get? I was getting like 5 lol and I wouldn't necessarily say my build is a wimp or anything. Gefore GTX 970 Superclocked, i5 2500K, 20GB 1600Mhz RAM, 120 SSD.

So what sort of FPS do you get? I was getting like 5 lol and I wouldn't necessarily say my build is a wimp or anything. Gefore GTX 970 Superclocked, i5 2500K, 20GB 1600Mhz RAM, 120 SSD.

Just for compare , i had 9 FPS with ATI-R9-270X / I5-4570 / 8GB 1333Mhz RAM / 1TO HDD 5400 rpm / all is stock

Sure most PPL can't play with those huge craft but it's so beautiful replica .

& in 8 years we all play 5000 parts craft with a netbook :P

Just for compare , i had 9 FPS with ATI-R9-270X / I5-4570 / 8GB 1333Mhz RAM / 1TO HDD 5400 rpm / all is stock

Sure most PPL can't play with those huge craft but it's so beautiful replica .

& in 8 years we all play 5000 parts craft with a netbook :P

lol definitely true about the netbooks, computer tech has come a long way in a short amount of time. I was just curious if there was anything that could be done improve performance on those high part ships whether it was a setting or a mod. I'm just guessing that my bottleneck is my cpu having to do the physics for said pieces on the ship. I wonder if its also an optimization issue or whether having more cores for example the 8/16 thread i7 or the 8 thread amd fx or higher clock speeds in general would help.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.