Could we please stop totally changing the jet engines and Aero model every few weeks?

Twice now in as many months all of my space planes have become useless. Many hours of my precious free time have gone completely down the drain, meticulously designing planes that I can't fly now in the missions they were intended for. This is not fun! Please stop it Squad. Decide how the air will be modeled and then release it once and for all!

I mean, you knew this was coming.
Right? It's not like Squad didn't give ample warning that 1.0.3 was in the works and that it would be released "soon". I'm happy they put the time in and got it right.

Welcome to the indecisophere that is KSP 1.x.x!

I'm with you OP, this stuff is fine for alpha/beta, not a released game.

That's why I waited with planes and SSTOs for 1.0.3.

Same...

Edited by Yakuzi

So are they planning on doing this again in another month?
Couldn't tell you with certainty, but it seems the next big push is for Unity 5, so you should be golden until then.

1.0.3 was said for a long time, to be more of a balance fix update; with some bug fixes thrown in. KSP needed a balance pass anyhow, it was only a matter of time.

It should be noted that when the U5 update comes, you should backup your KSP folder anyway.

The update will be 100% save breaking.

Citation Needed. Squad has said that post-1.0, KSP should not break save compatibility through versions anymore; but you should always back up your important saves before you update anyhow. If you have something important enough to lose, it's important enough to back up.

yeah it kinda sucks but there really isn't anything that can be done about it, they aren't doing this to maliciously break all of your craft but to increase the playablity of the game, always working foreward. Now it would be a problem if they were working backward, i.e changing the flight model to what it was pre 1.0. For better or worse they are making these changes based on what they believe will make it better, and im sure they dont make these decisions lightly, it is work they have to put in and time they take away working on other aspects of the game. So the best advice is to back up you games and if you really like some designs you have come up with, adapt them for the new game, gives something to do so that cant be bad, heck my entire KSP folder is over 20 gigs at this point. have been keeping them since .15 and all the mods still go back to my mir station that I made in like .17 when the docking mods first came out. ~shudders~ dear lord that is unstable

-edit- also I wouldnt expect U5 to break saves, they arent completely changing things like they did for 1.0, although they might have to, so i wouldnt be surprised, just dont expect it. No need to be negative about it

Edited by pwnedbyscope

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.