Mod Community Base 3.0 - multiple bases, limited actions allowed - see rules

Ouch! Sorry to hear about that silly mistake after a successful flight, Mincespy.

Are you sure you want to be removed from the list? You still have well over 24 hours left to complete the flight again!

Luciencd - It\'s your turn! Go ahead with opening the new Munar base, we had enough scheduled to justify opening it when you scheduled it.

Mincespy, if you finish your flight in the next 12 hours or so, go ahead and post the persistence file and I\'ll merge your craft in.

Ouch! Sorry to hear about that silly mistake after a successful flight, Mincespy.

Are you sure you want to be removed from the list? You still have well over 24 hours left to complete the flight again!

I\'ll request another flight after I build a better rocket with a bigger lander.

really sorry i forgot to check the forums these past couple days, ill try to get it tonight and if not, in the morning tomorrow :o.

*scratch that*

8)

I did it now.

it is capable of removing other spacecraft debris with its laser. and it is able to rove across the surface well, and if it needs to leave, it can decouple, go on a 0.5 km high orbit, and laser the rover itself, leaving nothing behind(theoretically) :P.

new base called: Aluminium Oxide. (idk lol thought of it on a whim).

btw....

make sure you spell 'aluminium' with 2 'i' (I didnt get into countless arguments with my science teacher for nothing!) =P

I think i need sleep, it is 2:13am where im at. ZZZz...

YES!! WE ARE DOWN!!

Zekes 1 has landed!

After an uneventful rendezvous, the MechJeb landed the ship. Due to the slope and the complexity of the Munar Rover Decoupling System (MRDS), it lost a few landing legs and i ask that NO ONE FLY THE ZEKES 1 OR DECOUPLE ANY MORE ROVERS. Leave that to me.

All in all, a good flight. I look forward to the ZEKES 2 coming on a resupply mission to the base! (that means I want to sign up again for the same base)

Nice. I assume the distance away was deliberate to keep future landings from messing up your lander. I\'ll add you as signed up again for the same.

luciencd, did you want to sign up for another turn?

Dogon11, it\'s your turn! The mod list has been growing, make sure you have all of them installed!

Dogon, unfortunately you didn\'t load all the needed mods and ended up losing a couple of other people\'s craft from your persistence file. I\'ve merged your craft into zekes persistence file and posted that to the OP, I\'ll attach it here too. Please remember to make sure you have all previously-used mods installed on any future flights. Do you want to book another flight?

It\'s speedollama\'s turn!

Dogon, unfortunately you didn\'t load all the needed mods and ended up losing a couple of other people\'s craft from your persistence file. I\'ve merged your craft into zekes persistence file and posted that to the OP, I\'ll attach it here too. Please remember to make sure you have all previously-used mods installed on any future flights. Do you want to book another flight?

It\'s speedollama\'s turn!

Wait... I loaded them all... why? OH. I remember looking into the MechJeb parts... and they were all blued out. I should\'ve check that first.

When you merged, it put the persistance file I uploaded and put in the raft that were missing? Is that what you did?

I probably won\'t book another flight for a while. Mainly because the list is uber long. Also because I have no idea what needs to be landed at each base.

Sorry about the debris near to my landing site, it took a couple tries to put it down right. And a lot of modifications. More parachutes, more struts, more parachutes again, more engines, less engines, it was just a nightmare.

Dogon11, for the merge - I just copied your actual craft out of your save file and added it to the one Zekes had posted, so all your debris is gone anyway.

As far as getting to Lake Kostok on my turn, I plan to use an aircraft. Maybe something with a LOT of drop tanks, but I\'ll fly down without ever breaking 20 km altitude. I\'ve already got a craft that doesn\'t fall apart on the runway and MIGHT make it, planning some test flights now that I know where the base will be. This craft had already made it to the island to the northwest of base with lots of fuel left.

Anyone who isn\'t sure they can land their craft at their chosen base or just wants practice - downloading the persistence file even when it\'s not your turn is a great way to pre-plan your craft and flight plan. You\'ll still have to re-download it and make sure you\'ve added any new mods when your turn comes around, but a few practice runs can make things go smoothly.

Lander broken down? Out of fuel? Fear not fellow Kerbonauts, your shuttle has arrived.

screenshot1.png

Ready for takeoff

screenshot5.png

Orbit

screenshot6.png

Munar orbit

screenshot16.png

Vertical Landing

screenshot18.png

Parked and ready for launch.

I moved it a bit away from the base so I could park it perpendicular to the slope so it would stay in one place.

There\'s enough fuel to make it back to KSC for supplies.

Lander broken down? Out of fuel? Fear not fellow Kerbonauts, your shuttle has arrived.

screenshot1.png

Ready for takeoff

screenshot5.png

Orbit

screenshot6.png

Munar orbit

screenshot16.png

Vertical Landing

screenshot18.png

Parked and ready for launch.

I moved it a bit away from the base so I could park it perpendicular to the slope so it would stay in one place.

There\'s enough fuel to make it back to KSC for supplies.

:o Amazing!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.