Mod Community Base 3.0 - multiple bases, limited actions allowed - see rules

Anyway, Aspiration Observer is on its way - with some extra research equipment on board.

FNEwo.png

Better say \'hey\' to those guys down there.

3MfHv.jpg

[Please ignore the mangled wreck that\'s playing turtle not 100 metres from its intended destination. It can be removed from the Persistance File if neccesary.]

Ok, removed both wrecks, and designed a different version. It\'s not as easy to land as te original Summer Sky X was, but land it has.

glkn1.png

It didn\'t work with the BigTrak because there was no suspension - it broke up trying to climb the dais. Also, landing it with MechJeb just makes it fall over onto its back.

So I put it back with a cart, used MechJeb to get a landing line, then decended manually.

The result:

x7UtL.png

Aspiration Base is now operational.

C7 Flight Pack:

http://www47.zippyshare.com/v/68572965/file.html

Thanks, RedDwarf. Looks good - I went ahead and set your handbrake (B key, for future reference, on all of the cart-plugin wheeled vehicles) and put that slightly updated persistent.sfs in the OP.

Candre\'s turn starts... now.

Now, Silisko Crater is big, but the Dais is small. The Dais is where you need to go, so landing needs to be accurate or you\'ll be some 20 metres below Aspiration Observer.

Though given how close everyone else was able to get, I don\'t suppose it\'ll prove too difficult.

'N' is manual brake. as long as you hold it down, it keeps the wheels from spinning. When you let go, it stops working and you can roll at random if gravity and the slope causes you to.

'B', the parking brake, locks the brakes on; let go and you\'re still braked.

'N' is manual brake. as long as you hold it down, it keeps the wheels from spinning. When you let go, it stops working and you can roll at random if gravity and the slope causes you to.

'B', the parking brake, locks the brakes on; let go and you\'re still braked.

Strange. On my desktop, B is normal brake, N is normal brake unless held down for three seconds, in which case it becomes a handbrake and stops it rolling away.

Also, the HSTW Carts page says B is brake and N is handbrake.

Also,

Sign me up for a flight.

Destination base: Aspiration Base

Planned additional mod: Truss Pack

You know what would be a good mod a mod that lets you take parts from nearby ships.

It would work like this if you put a sticker or something from the mod on say a winglet any ships within a 50 meter radius(would need to be balanced) could take that part and edit it on in the editor you could only use the parts with a sticker or already on it

(you could also steal flue from tanks with the sticker)

that would be great for stuff like this.

Nicely done!

Everyone - with 0.16 experimentals going on, I think it\'s time to prep for a fresh start. That includes what changes we\'d like to make to the rules, keeping in mind that many of them are in place to give all participants a fair turn.

The main thing I\'m thinking is to keep the current 'You get 48 hours to launch one new craft into orbit' bit, but not worry about where you put that craft. The only restriction on where to land (if you choose to land) would be that you can only start one NEW base per turn, and only add 1-2 new items to each existing base. So a space station with 20 independent landers hooked up to it could land one at every existing base, and 1-2 at a new base somewhere - and still keep 10 attached to land next time that player\'s turn came around. The limits would basically be what you can design, and have time to pilot within the 48 hours you\'re given.

In short, 1 turn = 1 launch, 1 new mod, 1 new base, 1-2 new landers at existing bases. You\'re always free to land a monster craft with 10 detachable rovers on it - just don\'t detach more than 1 in a turn and leave it parked there. Landing one with extra rovers for later would let you drive additional rovers to any new bases set up later.

You\'re also still free to just launch one craft, land one lander, at one of the existing bases. It just seemed like enough people wanted to do ridiculously complex multi-lander launches that I\'m suggesting this change. What do people think? leave things as they were or go this route?

Any other changes you\'d like to see in the rules, post them here and we\'ll discuss them!

In the meantime - I\'m going to stop flights for a couple days. Anyone who wants to help, I\'d like to build a record of our progress with the best possible screenshots of each base, and post the results over in a thread on General Discussion. Grab the persistence file and do whatever moving of rovers, turning on rover headlights, time-warping, etc. is needed to get a shot you think is perfect!

The universe must like me today, I actually have to go on a trip to North Carolina, don\'t know how long but it will be a week or so maybe,

but with this few-day delay on flights, I may actually have time to go to North Carolina, do stuffs, and comeback to KSP with my turn!

But still, you can bump me down, I don\'t think the universe likes me that much. :P

You\'re also still free to just launch one craft, land one lander, at one of the existing bases. It just seemed like enough people wanted to do ridiculously complex multi-lander launches that I\'m suggesting this change. What do people think? leave things as they were or go this route?

I had to make a cheap backup lander because I couldn\'t fly my real ship that was going to detach several landers in orbit... so yes, I suggest this 'new route.'

No, it\'s because I didn\'t want to disappoint those players (like zekes and Tim_Barrett) who wanted to do more than one landing per turn, and allow for more bases. It basically removes most restrictions on creating new bases. If anything, it will produce a larger persistence file by encouraging players to launch more complicated ships.

Has anyone been working on screenshots? I\'m going to open a thread tonight over on General Discussion and post at least the current base screenshots over there, but I haven\'t had time to take any new ones yet!

Once the forums are working well again, I\'ll set up Mod Community Bases 0.16 - hopefully some of the plugins with 'manned' space station parts will have updates soon to allow EVA crew to enter them!

Instead of making a new thread in General Discussion with my screenshots, I posted a link to the photo album in the 'post your awesome pictures' thread.

Hey,

I\'m not sure if you have this project on hold since .16 is new, but I was wondering if I could be placed in line to land a craft at one of the bases. I\'m not particularly attached to any of them, as long as it\'s Munar (though I\'m about 99% sure my chosen craft can reach Minmus): whichever base you feel it would fit in is fine for me.

Anyway, I know I\'m new to the forums and don\'t have many posts, but here\'s an image of the craft post-landing near my first Munar base. There\'s still plenty of fuel left in the main tanks (the RCS is mostly for maneuvering during orbit/trajectory corrections - it doesn\'t help much as the craft is somewhat heavy), and I managed to get within 100m of the Methodios Base.

Here is the Gecko Precision Lander and Personnel Delivery Vehicle

FgUqx.png

The forums are a bit wonky atm with the .16 business, so I\'m just kind of throwing this up there while they\'re loading for me. I\'m not sure if I\'m going to have to wait for the mod authors to update the packs for them to all work with .16 or not so this thing can land there. As far as mods are concerned, I won\'t have to add anything except maybe a parts pack; I\'ll have to look and see what has been added and compare it to what I have on this puppy. The forums are just really slow so it\'s hard for me to look.

Thanks in advance, and I hope I get to take part. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.