Some general thoughts from a veteran player.

Jwmflying14

As a veteran myself (I think I qualify, I saw the strut-genesis :D ) I'd like to add the following:

The last time I had a tricked out, fully modded install was 0.23.5, playing that to death and beyond I got incredibly bored of the game and decided to move on for a while. I have only very recently returned to the game.

I have briefly tried the new aero-dynamics, they seemed OK. I installed FAR shortly thereafter, mostly because that's how the kool kerbals (dutch) roll. The new heat mechanic seems interesting but it seems to have problems on a similar scale as part joints before they got sorted out.

I mean, it seems there is a lot of unwritten laws you have to keep in mind to make a vessel that does not explode itself on the launch pad 2 frames seconds after it was loaded. I have build at least 2 vessels that had parts that heat up immediately and without obvious reason until explosion. I have no clue why but I'm gonna find out I guess.

Heat and Aero needed to put in properly, without those the game could not be called complete. And they need to be in stock, a space game cannot rely on mods for the reentry phase of a space flight. Bugs were inevitable with systems of that magnitude and in time they will be fixed, so what?

I had a look around the mining, it might have a few interesting applications, I don't know yet. It's the only new feature I did not see coming.

Overall, I find the latest additions far more entertaining than career mode and contracts. But that might be just my taste.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.